Cybertruck has spurred interest

Discussion in 'Cybertruck' started by bwilson4web, Nov 27, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

I was at Tire Discounters for an alignment on our SR+ Model 3 and was asked by two people what I thought about the cybertruck. The question was so unusual I first had the translate the Southern. My answer:

"I'm not really in the market for a pickup truck." Pointing to my Model 3, I said, "That is the most efficient car Tesla sells, 240 mile range, and efficiency reduces how many time I have to charge the car."

As for the Cybertruck, the sharp apex bothers me. I would expect to see some sort of fairing to smooth the air on the back side. But otherwise, it doesn't meet my requirements.

So the car has an effect I was not really prepared to address. Even now, we're getting drips and dabs of technical specs that should have been in the presentation if the broken glass hadn't aborted everything.

Bob Wilson

Re-Volted likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Re-Volted

Re-Volted New Member

Completely understand your reasoning Bob, would have bought a 3 myself but had to lower my payment right now with a old S instead. Maybe I won't be able to afford the truck either but am willing to try, despite the pointy roof, more about function than looks to me. But if the production version has a flattened roof and low-profile performance tires..... I may be willing to sell body parts to get one!

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

4. David Young4578329

David Young4578329 New Member

It's so strange and ugly looking, I like it. The price is right too. I wonder if it will be sold with color options?

5. chphilo

chphilo New Member

I placed on order on a dual motor model. I drive a Tundra and am an active member of Tundra forum. There's one thread that goes on and on there. Several Tundra owners have placed order. Definitely, there it has sparked interest. Very polarizing though. People either hate it or love it.

Domenick likes this.
  6. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

Telsa us going to use an Ultra Hard 30X form of Stainless steel (SS). As they very name suggests SS is hard to stain or paint due to lack of porosity and difficulty in obtaining consistent adhesion due to smoothness of the surface. Lower qualities of stainless steel can rust but higher qualities are, for all practical purposes, rust proof. While you do get colorized SS, it will not have the hardness required. Any painting or coloring options are going to be extremely expensive.

So it is very unlikely you will get color options on the Cybertruck, unless Elon has a trick or two inside his sleeve. It is going to be very difficult to paint after purchase, unless you are willing to spend a lot of effort and money in preparing the surface to increase adhesion.

7. To remove this ad click here.