Complimentary oil change and tire rotation

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Alex0913, Nov 5, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Alex0913

Alex0913 Member

I bought my clarity the end of may and I got complimentary oil change and tire rotation for my first service. However, I got a coupon that expires on 12/3 but I think the car is not ready to be serviced by that time. I don't know if any of you has that happened to you. Should I take the car to take advantage of the coupon even if the car hasn't asked me for an oil change yet? Or what should I do? any input is appreciated!

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. If the dealer doesn't honor the coupon even after it expires I would definitely find another dealer!

4. Mariner91

Mariner91 Member

It's free; use it but only for those two lol. I doubt you'll need any thing else (not that you need those two either)

5. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

You can change the oil early and delay the next change, or you can hug a tree and ignore the coupon, and just wait until the car tells you to change the oil. I'd take advantage of the tire rotation but skip the oil.

KentuckyKen likes this.
  6. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

How many miles on the car? You will be at least over halfway due for an oil change due to the time you have owned the car. If you look at the date of manufacture you may find it has been close to a year. Most people change oil at least once a year regardless of miles.

Alex0913 likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Alex0913

Alex0913 Member

I currently have about 4,000 miles on it so by the beginning of December it should be around 5,000. My car was manufactured in January/17, so based on this I should have it serviced it seems.

9. neal adkins

neal adkins Active Member

Yes. I would talk to the dealership and explain the coupon expiration date. They may allow you to schedule it a little later than 12/03.But you will definitely be close enough on 12/03.

10. DaleL

DaleL Active Member

My Honda dealer is 22 miles away (1/2 hour). Changing the oil and rotating the tires myself at home is good exercise and takes no more time than going to the dealer. (However, in that I am almost 70, I do find that the Clarity's wheels are a bit on the heavy side.) My car's maintenance minder started harassing me at 6,500 miles. That seems early (Just about 2,800 miles on the ICE.), but one must realize that unlike a pure ICE vehicle, the Clarity's engine never really idles. It is either off or running at about 50 to 60% of full power.