Cluster Control Logic Improvement Service Campaign - HCE 18-92-E510

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Vanryan, Jul 17, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Vanryan

Vanryan Member

I am not sure if this was previously posted but I got a recall notice for Cluster Control Logic Improvement Service Campaign - HCE 18-92-E510 and had it applied today. I can't find any details on what it changes however, one significant change that I noticed is that each time I restart the car, my re-gen settings change from level 3 (where I like it) back to level 1.

Is this normal for how everyone else's cars work? I have an early VIN (Aug 2018 manufacture date) so I was wondering if newer models all work like this? I am not a fan of this setting as I much preferred having it stay at full re-gen.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Did you set the drive mode regen settings on the relevant menu back to your prefered choice? Sounds like the settings were reset to defaults.

Jared Potter and SkookumPete like this.
  4. Vanryan

Vanryan Member

There is no setting that I can find that allows you to always default at level 3 re-gen. Only menu I see is convenience—>Smart Regeneration On. I have that on but that doesn’t help when you want to slow for a red light.

5. mikeselectricstuff

mikeselectricstuff Active Member

There are user-settable default regen settings for each of the different drive modes -
    It's on the infotainment system, in All menus->Settings->vehicle

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  6. Vanryan

Vanryan Member

thanks @mikeselectricstuff that was the issue. I forgot I changed those when I first got the car!

Jared Potter likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Only heard of this update on the U.K. forum ( It was to do with an after image on LCD after ign. off) :
    https://www.speakev.com/threads/change-to-braking-after-software-update.134430/#post-2521196
    What are the last 6 digits in your S/N (mine is 022465- MF date Dec 22/18)
    I know you are in B.C., wonder if there are any other early models out there in N.A.

9. Vanryan

Vanryan Member

I have an early model. MF Date - Aug 2018 last numbers on mine are 005216. I did have the rocking that they mentioned in the post you linked. Thanks for this. I'll check to see if this helps now.

10. That is a low S/N, I'm surprised, when did you pre-order? (mine was July 17th)

11. Vanryan

Vanryan Member

i bought mine as a cancelled order. Picked it up on Feb 4th.

By the way I do think that this software change did make a noticeable change to the brakes. Thanks for letting me know!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Glad it worked for you, I think this update is for early models only but happy to see Hyundai is on top of it.