Closing the doors

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by RV-CAR, Feb 17, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. RV-CAR

RV-CAR New Member

Do you have to close the doors hard? That's what I notice with my clarity. We have to push hard for the door to be closed. Otherwise it remains open even though it looks closed. I was reading on a very old thread that sometimes the doors need alignment. Wondering if the doors are light weight and they need a harder push.

Again, I am comparing it with my previous cars and they closed with a gentle push.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

I do, because of the good seals. Good tight doors. I quickly developed the habit of deliberately closing them, rather than causally shutting them.

4. RV-CAR

RV-CAR New Member

Thank you. Will try it out.

5. Mine passenger front door had to be adjusted by dealer or It had to slam to close.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. AlAl

AlAl Active Member

Aluminum doors.. A lot less mass in them than conventional steel doors, so they need that extra kinetic oomph to latch shut. Should get easier as the weather seals wear in.

8. RV-CAR

RV-CAR New Member

I talked to the dealer and he said this is how the doors are. He didn't seem interested in doing anything.
    I will try it out for a little more time. Haven't tried out the adjustment that jdonalds posted. I hope it does get better as it is getting to be annoying.