Clarity Reliability

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Viking79, Feb 12, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

It is hard to know reliability on vehicles, but there are a few organizations and individuals that track reliability of cars. Consumer Reports is one, but another I like even better is TrueDelta. I have no affiliation with the site other than I provide them data for my Volt, and talking to the owner he needs more people to sign up for the Clarity to start tracking data.

So my suggestion is, head over to the TrueDelta.com site and sign up to submit info for your Clarity so they can start tracking that car. They won't actually start the surveys until they have enough people signed up to be statistically relevant.

I like that True Delta lets you read problem complaints people have had with their cars and provides more insight into their data than CR does. As long as you have a Clarity, go sign up.

dstrauss, Domenick and bfd like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Viking79

One time bump. I want to be able to submit reliability data to them, but they don't have enough Clarity users signed up.

Go to: https://www.truedelta.com/
    And sign up to submit data for your car :) They collect data quarterly and it is fairly easy to fill out the surveys. Your benefit as a person submitting data to them is you get to see more results and data on the results. I like to be able to read individual problem reports from users about cars they own.

Thanks! (again, no affiliation other than I like their data and submit data to them for my 2012 Volt).

Eric

4. Viking79

It looks like there might be enough, I was able to fill out a survey. That is okay, sign up anyway. More is better ;)

5. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Viking79, I signed up on the free part and found one great advantage is that you can check for recalls and TSBs here. However they have not adapted their questions to pHEVs.
    More data = better informed decisions

6. Viking79

Yep, if you have suggestions, send the owner an email, he is generally fairly good at responding.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Reno_bk

Reno_bk New Member

I've used true delta for years and registered my Clarity EV a few months ago...at the time there were not enough participants to do any reporting, but hope that changes. I get the quarterly emails for updates, but so far only for my other car and not the Clarity

Sent from my iPad using Inside EVs

9. Viking79

I was able to do the survey on Friday, click on one of your old quarterly links and it asked me to enter some more info for the Clarity and let me start the survey for it. Looks like they must have enough now. Otherwise I suspect the next quarterly report will have you fill it out.