Clarity driver's side mirror

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by gmansuperg, May 6, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. gmansuperg

gmansuperg New Member

So far I'm really liking my Clarity. But for the life of me I can't figure out why the driver's side mirror has a separate outside section to the mirror. At first I thought it was a fisheye/convex/concave section to help with blind spots but the more I look at it it doesn't seem to provide any benefit at all, just an added distortion. Personally, I find it kind of distracting.

Am I the only one who's noticed this?

I looked at a couple of Civics and Accords in the parking lot the other day and none seemed to have the same "feature".

AndyBA likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

It’s what we get instead of the much more useful blind spot monitoring feature of other models.
    It does cover some of the blind spot area so it’s not totally useless. But I’d much rather have some kind of blind spot monitor.

4. Kendalf

Kendalf Active Member

Yeah, I too would have preferred that they not have that separate section either, as it's just too narrow to really do much good. Plus, the line separating the sections is annoying.

bobcubsfan and Johnhaydev like this.
  5. qtpie

qtpie Active Member

Yes, we also found this mirror distracting. We still don't know how to make use of it. We wished there's a way to replace it with a regular mirror. Can this be done?

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Tailwind

Tailwind Active Member

I had the same mirror on my 2014 Civic. I’m used to it, but in reality it just makes the USABLE area of that mirror that much smaller.

Kendalf likes this.
  8. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

I'm sure you've noticed that the mirror housing is the exact same as the models that do have the integrated turn light.