Clarity 220V Dual Charger Fix?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Geor99, Dec 6, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

Guys,

I have had the commonly discussed 220v dual charger issue at my work daily for a few months. Every single day, I would need to restart the charging, often over a dozen times per day. I got the reduced mileage/check engine light many times.

I took the car to the dealer to get the SB update applied to the car; but the dealer swore many,many times that the car already had the update. I didn't have the mileage error after my 1st fill of gas, so I know that at least that was done.

My charging issue happened at work around 50 out of 50 Times. Anyway, I recently did a factory reset on the display trying to get the Android auto to work; and ever since I've been error free.

6 out of 6 days at work now my car has flawlessly charged to 100% on the same 220v dual charger that had given me errors for 50 days in a row.

I have a theory. Perhaps the dealer did indeed apply the update prior to selling me the car. However, perhaps it is necessary to do a factory reset on the touch panel display after doing the update.

I know that many Windows updates require a restart in order to take effect.

Anyway, the odds are too astronomical to be a coincidence. So, if anyone is having my issue; scroll through your touchscreen and do a factory settings reset.

It has apparently worked for me, and I am extremely releaved that I can finally charge at work without constant issues.

Good luck!!!

amy2421 and ClarityDoc like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

4. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    Thanks for sharing. Hopefully it helps some people.

5. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

No.

6. Bina12834

Bina12834 Member

Shot in the dark here since this is the first I'm reading of your problem, and this may have already been addressed in another thread, but maybe could the issue have been with your works charger and it was fixed? Did you get the same issue with other level 2 chargers at other locations?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

That's the only one that I've ever used. Your theory is possible. That charger always worked for a volt, Telsa, and Prius Prime.

My life consists of work and home:) I avoid retail stores like the plague.

On another note, I had water up to the wheel wells in the floods last night in San Diego. I'm hoping that it did nt damage anything. Seems to be fine now.

Anyone else scared to plug in during torrential rainfall? In the back of my head, I envision getting zapped. Hasn't happened yet:)

9. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

If I did get zapped, I'd be front page news across the country and win a Darwin award at the same time:)

10. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member