Clarabelle did not get rear ended...but needs a new "tablet" -- Parts Sources?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Robin, Mar 5, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Robin

Robin Member

Clarabelle (our Clarity) needs a replacement "tablet" (Audio/Information Screen). Since everyone has been wondering what (retail) parts cost -- I have a sample data point -- $2691.

Don't ask ;-).

We're looking for "alternative sources" for parts but, obviously, this is somewhat specialized. If anyone has any ideas (or, ideally, a known source) outside of normal channels the dealer may commonly use, please let me know.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. That's the backend av system, isn't it? They seem to need the screen (presumably after a mishap)

There was a post about some eBay parts auctions for parts from a wreck . I'd consider reaching out to some of the sellers

Double07 likes this.
  4. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 5, 2019
    Robin, Texas22Step and KentuckyKen like this.
  5. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

This does beg the question can you swap the newer one in with the volume knob...

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. ab13

ab13 Active Member

8. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

This just makes me want to know even more...

9. Thomas Mitchell

Thomas Mitchell Active Member

There is a plethora of Chinese aftermarket Android Tablet head units. A quick search of “android stereo 2018 Honda Clarity Plug-In Hybrid Touring” on the world’s largest internet auction site provided many inexpensive options like this one. YMMV... IMG_0025.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas22Step likes this.
  10. To remove this ad click here.

11. Texas22Step

Texas22Step Well-Known Member

This whole thread just demonstrates how over-priced the dealer parts departments are and also (most probably) why auto insurance rates are considerably higher than they need to be too. Yikes -- prices from $111 to $2691!

12. Thomas Mitchell

Thomas Mitchell Active Member

Well, I wouldn’t directly compare my suggestion to an OEM unit. It may or may not provide similar features and performance and will probably take some finagling to work correctly. That said, many people have installed similar units with success. When I was in China last year, many of the “CHubers” I rode in had such units and they looked OEM and worked well enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Let's look on the bright side--except for the body and motive power, it's a parts bin car. That's a good thing. There's little aftermarket potential for the Clarity, but since the infotainment was used by other Hondas, we should be able to find someone making a compatible screen.

Thomas Mitchell likes this.
  14. qtpie

qtpie Active Member

I'd like to know if anyone has successfully replace the OEM screen with one of these Chinese aftermarket Android Tablet head units. Please let me know. Thanks.