Center Console Mat

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JimW, Mar 18, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JimW

JimW Active Member

The center console shelf is hard plastic and everything slides around on it. I was planning to buy some rubbery material like tool box shelf lining, and cut a custom insert. I just discovered that Honda offers a shelf mat. Has anyone purchased this? Is it rubbery to minimize sliding?

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08P10-TRV-110.html

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ManKo

ManKo Member

I have that mat (purchased it from College Hills too). It’s not super rubbery, but it helps keep my phone from sliding around like it did without the mat.

4. Smellyspice

Smellyspice New Member

Dollar Store kitchen drawer liner. :)

5. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

Can someone do me a favor and measure the length and width of the center console area so I can look for a proper mat (or cut one), thanks

6. JimW

JimW Active Member

It is not a pure rectangle. I used 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper and made a template, then cut out a mat from some black rubber tool box shelf liner that I had. It works well and looks good. Should have come from factory like this.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Like Manko said it’s not non-slip. I’d return mine but at $17 it’s not worth the shipping. I’d say it’s only good for catching dirt and making it easier to clean by being removable. Don’t waste your money if your looking for a non slip surface. Much better to cut out one of your own from any non slip material.