Cell Phone Mounting - What's best?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Demian Johnston, Jun 24, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Please share your best cell phone mounting strategy with photos in the Clarity.

I have an iPhone and I think I want something like a scosche magnetic mount on the PRND island OR above the left driver's air vent.

It's possible that IOS 12 will be sufficient to just leave the phone under the PRND island, but its not quite there yet.

I have the touring edition and the faux wood plastic trim doesn't hold a suction cup very well, any thoughts on non permanent adhesives?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. AaD

AaD Member

My wife has been using an MEIDI magnetic mount in the vent over the infotainment screen for her iPhone and is happy with it. It is insconspicuous enough that I don't notice it - I've been using android auto and just stash my phone in the tray.

4. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

Short 1 foot USB cable in tray and Android Auto or CarPlay.

I guess why isn't IOS sufficient? Don't like the map program or something? I think they are allowing Google Maps again, aren't they?

5. Kendalf

Kendalf Active Member

@Demian Johnston I posted a picture of a Scosche magnetic mount above the left hand vent in this thread. I really like it since I can access the phone easily, and I also am less liable to leave the phone in the car.

EDIT: I have had the mount fall over a couple times, so you're right about the faux wood not being very good for suction cups.

6. kcsunshine

kcsunshine Active Member

I haven't done it yet but I was planning to use the 3m dual lock velcro to stick a smooth piece of plastic over the faux wood above the screen. I will then use a suction cup mount like the iottie easy one touch 2 on the smooth plastic. It is illegal in some states to put a mount on the windshield although it is rarely enforced.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

Drives where I want Android Auto: short USB cable, phone in tray.
    Quick drives where bluetooth and built-in nav suffices: phone stays in my holster.