Car dealers.

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by David in TN, May 12, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

So I get the following in an email earlier in the week:

Hello,

I know you were interested in a New Honda Clairty at one time. Current incentives, combined with Darrell Waltrip Discounts, make this the best time to purchase your New Honda Clarity. We have four to choose from and these incentives won't last long. Please let me know when you want to schedule an appointment to test drive your New Honda Clairty.

Respectfully,
    Robb Krug
    Sales Manager
    Darrell Waltrip Honda
    1430 Murfreesboro Rd.
    Nashville, TN 37067
    615-791-1101

So, I responded with:

Robb,

Thank you for responding. I purchased a base Clarity in December. I currently have about 5,500 miles on it. It is white, no issues with it. Garage kept. No dings anywhere. Just as I purchased it.

I have been pondering a Touring Clarity. The best deal that I have seen on AutoTrader is here:

(See attachment)

I see on your sight that you have two white Touring models currently in stock.

What kind of a deal can you make for me trading in my base Clarity for a Touring?

Thanks,

David

Guess what response I got from him?? 1557346282813blob.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Wow, that is a great price! I never got any dealer below $35K on a Touring in the OKC area.

4. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

The price is nice, but I'm pretty sure that's not white :p

5. MNSteve

MNSteve Well-Known Member

Naw, it's just a figment of your computer screen.

I don't know how much color means to David. Assuming that the dealer has no white cars, it's a good shot on his part.

Reminds me of a trip years ago to a dealer to buy a pickup truck. I told him that I wasn't picky but I had only one absolute requirement - it had to be 4-wheel-drive. The first truck he showed me was 2-wheel drive. I left.

David in TN likes this.
  6. David in TN

I just can't believe that I have not gotten a response back...of any kind!!

They solicited me. You'd think they'd want to sell one of the same 4 Clarity cars that they had in stock when I got mine in December.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. David in TN

White is my first choice. Red would be second. I'm not much of a fan of the "dark-side" colors.

9. MNSteve

MNSteve Well-Known Member

I have vowed not to be surprised at anything a car dealer does. Someday I may get a pleasant surprise. Not holding my breath.