California HOV stickers placement

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by toomie, Jun 16, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. toomie

toomie Member

Hi,

I noticed a fellow Clarity owner with unusual placement of his HOV stickers. He had one attached to the back right small triangle window. Another was against the glass panel of the trunk lid on the right. I do not know where the other two were attached.

I think this is a good idea, but was wondering on the legality of the placement.

Thanks in advance for your response.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Inside EVs mobile app

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Kendalf

Kendalf Active Member

The stated placement is:
    Large decals - "Place on the rear quarter panels, one on each side of the vehicle, behind the wheel wells, with the state seal pointed up on the bottom of the decal."

Small decals - "For green and red decals, place on the right side of each bumper, front and rear, with the state seal pointed up on the bottom of the decal."

Seems to me that the placement you describe is not up to code, and it would be up to the CHP officer to determine if he/she should be cited.

4. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Trading outward visibility for HOV access? How ironic it would be if the window-mounted HOV sticker blocked the driver's view of another car while attempting to leave the HOV lane, resulting in an accident.

5. ab13

ab13 Active Member

I would guess they did that because it will be easier to remove later. It's doesn't seems like the bumper stickers come off without a lot of work.

6. Viking79

Viking79 Well-Known Member

Tell me about it, took forever to remove one from the i3 I picked up in CA, worst part was the void text that stuck to the car, hundreds of small bits of vinyl sticker. Had to scrape them off with my fingernails.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Uye47

Uye47 New Member

I bought a sheet of XPEL off Amazon, and I traced the HOV stickers. Since this is a lease, I dont want to deal with the hastle of the stickers being permanent at vehicle turn-in time. The XPEL can be peeled off with the stickers with minimal effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs