Buttons not responsive

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by beefChowMien, May 7, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. beefChowMien

beefChowMien New Member

Hi all,

Just wondering if it's just me or this is a common issue to everyone, it feel like the electric parking brake and the HV/EV button in my clarity PHEV are not very responsive. Most of the time I will have to press multiple times to trigger them, which is kind of annoying. Should I be concerned about this and maybe bring it to the dealer to have a look?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I’ve had a similar experience right after I got my Clarity. It seems to me that a very quick press of the buttons doesn't always work for me. It’s like a quick stab isn’t recognized. I do get 100% activation with a more measured press but not one that is long enough to call for HV Charge. Try that and let us know if it helps or not and whether or not it required dealer intervention.

ClarityDoc and Daniel M W like this.
  4. beefChowMien

beefChowMien New Member

Thanks Ken. So I just tested it during way back home. By pressing harder and a little longer like you mentioned the issue seems to be gone now. Guess that's just me not doing it correctly then.. Anyways thanks for the help!

5. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

I think we are so used to touch screens that we are no longer used to pressing real buttons. I remember when my son was a toddler we had to test him with all the cassette players to find one that his fingers were strong enough to press Play.

Just pretend you are using an old boombox instead ofr Spotify on a smartphone.