Broken Running Light! Help needed

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by SeeItAllWithTheClarity, Nov 4, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Hello,

Does anybody know how to replace the daytime running light? The plastic cover to mine has been shattered and to be honest I don't know where to start or what parts I will need.

I am thinking I may need this part? Any others? Thank you!

https://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~face~l~fr~nh797m~04717-trv-a90za.html

Additional Info:

Recently I was hit and run on, while my car was parked on street. Unfortunately the driver left no note, so I will be responsible for repair costs.

The side fender near the driver side wheel is slightly dented, and the front bumper is hanging off a bit and the daytime running light plastic exterior is broken. I can get the front bumper to reattach to the fender - it will never be perfect again but good enough for the time being. I would however like to replace the running light - the light itself works fine but the plastic cover for the light is broken.

IMG-5260.JPG IMG-5262.JPG

Phunny likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jorgie393

jorgie393 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear it. I have messed with the rear lights, but not the front. However, if you are willing to spend $10, you can get Honda's own instructions re. how to remove the light (and find out what the official name of the component is, in the process) by buying a one-day subscription to Honda Service Express.

https://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/logon.aspx

A little painful, in that you need to have a login (which I think is the same as your HondaLink id,) and then pay $10. The interface is not that intuitive but is search-engine driven. I'm sure you'll find it under "running light" or "lights".

It will give step-by-step instructions re. how to remove and reinstall any component. (Every step will be listed, but some of them you also have to "click open" to get the individual instructions for that step). Print them to a pdf. This at least will give you an idea of what is entailed, so you can decide if you have the appetite for it. At $10 I think it's a bargain.

4. JJim

JJim Active Member

Phunny likes this.