Automatic door locking at 10MPH

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JCA, Apr 5, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JCA

JCA Active Member

The default setting for the automatic locks is to lock the doors at 10 MPH, same as in my 2007 Civic. In the Civic I only hear the audible "clunk" the first time I accelerate through 10 MPH; something in the locking mechanism is smart enough to know when they're already locked. But in my new 2019 Clarity there's an audible "click" *every time* I accelerate from a stop -- is this how everyone's works?

I suppose I can just change the mode to lock when moving out of Park, but wanted to know if there's something wrong first.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Our Clarity only clicks once.

4. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Are you resting your elbow on the "unlock" switch, so that it actually has to re-lock every time? :p

Are you sure it's the locks making the noise? Maybe you're hearing a relay opening/closing when you press the pedal.

5. dnb

dnb Active Member

Mine only does once as well. Try changing it to another setting from the info panel settings page and see if you still hear the noise, and also manually unlock and see if it is actually locking. Would be the easiest way to see if its related to the locking or not. I think one of the other options is to lock after changing from park to reverse/drive, maybe try that setting?

6. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

One click lock here too

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. E10

E10 New Member

I had this EXACT same problem.

But I didn’t want to deal with a dealer who would just disconnect the battery and lose all my car settings and call it fixed, so I wanted to try to recreate it.
    But it seems I fixed it, for now. Or I got lucky.

What I did was change the auto lock setting to only when it moves out of park, or was it off, but I had to leave it in that configuration for a week. If I just changed it,saved it, then changed it back, it still kept trying to lock the doors at 7-10mph.
    It’s been working fine for a few weeks now.

9. JCA

JCA Active Member

Thanks. Glad to hear that I'm not the only one, and that most don't work like that. While I'm skeptical of what a week does that a day doesn't, I went ahead and changed it to out of Park, and will try changing it back at some point.

I also don't want to go to the dealer until I have a few issues collected up, and I just figured out the other one by searching here (ACC didn't seem to be working adaptively; turns out I just needed to long-press the distance button to switch to adaptive mode).

10. JCA

JCA Active Member

To follow up, I did set the lock mode to Out-of-Park, then changed it back to the original setting a couple weeks later (not on purpose, that's just when I remembered it). It now appears to be working correctly (locks clicking at ~10MPH once, but not again after each stop). No idea if it's really necessary to wait that long or if just shutting off the car is enough, but it's working now.

Candice likes this.
  11. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

When I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it said Automatic Door Locking at 100mph! Gotta go find my glasses. :)

MPower likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.