audible warnings and colours on driving in reverse

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by len zaifman, Jun 14, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. len zaifman

len zaifman New Member

New Clarity is better than the ford CMAX Energi phev it replaced in most aspects. However, the ford had some nice reverse features

1. On reverse it had 3 zones good close and too close
    2. On screen good was green close was yellow and too close (< 2ft) was red - i found it easier to judge distance to obstacle on this rather than the clarity and its lines.
    3. Audibles beeps also helped about 1/second for good, 2 per second for close and 4 per second for too close. This also helped.

Would this an improvement for others as well or am I just too used to what I had before?

If more than 10 people respond it will be useful I will draft a letter to Honda suggesting that after they improve their delivery performance, this would be a useful feature to have. Thanks.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. dstrauss

dstrauss Well-Known Member

Interesting idea, but I really think cross and side traffic radar alerts would be much better for overall safety.

tdiman likes this.
  4. K8QM

K8QM Active Member

I find it very helpful as it is now - but admittedly I've never had any backup system so the bar is pretty low for me.

I think I'd turn off something that beeped.

geo

Carro con enchufe likes this.
  5. AnthonyW

AnthonyW Well-Known Member

I would really like those options.

Sent from my iPhone using Inside EVs

6. Sandroad

Sandroad Well-Known Member

I'm used to the lines on this and other cars and like what the Clarity has.

And, please, no beeping for simple backing.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. ab13

ab13 Active Member

The rear sensors were an optional patch on feature, not integrated to the vehicle. I'm sure the other Honda's with integrated senors work like other cars.