Audi taking the piss with new advertising

Discussion in 'Audi' started by gooki, Aug 30, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

Buy a new Audi Quattro and save $6000 before the polar ice caps melt.

99FDCBF7-E3A8-431C-B180-97D031F0DDEF.jpeg

altfuelcarguy likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Frank K

Frank K Member

This ad demonstrates one of the recent political trends in many parts of the world. Everybody strategically sends mixed messages, nobody stands for anything anymore. This way neither politicians nor companies with global impact can be criticized - they just point to the fitting message among all their contradicting messages.

I guess the only consistent message is coming from TESLA, ..... if they just would have a more stable CEO ;-)

4. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

I am not sure if you noticed but this a car being sold in New Zealand. There is an different view of global warming in that part of the country and I guess it still winter there. But the offer has nothing to do with global warming but with an advertising promotion

It’s here. The Audi Melting Offer is on right now. Today, on the slopes of Cardrona, Audi has unveiled a stunning 4-tonne ice sculpture carved into the shape of the Audi rings, along with an exclusive limited time offer. While the ice sculpture lasts, you can get $6,000 credit when you purchase any new Audi quattro vehicle, nationwide.*

https://www.audi.co.nz/nz/web/en/sales/offers/Melting-Offer-2018.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpcugxazD3QIVDNNkCh0fYAceEAAYASAAEgJLZPD_BwE

5. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

Yes I'm from NZ, we share the same view of global warming as all educated, intelligent people in the rest of the world.

I'm well aware it's an advertisement, but I just found it humorous they are using the "image" of ice melting to sell fossil fuel vehicles.

The tag line: "When the ice is gone, so is the offer" is particularly tragic.

altfuelcarguy likes this.