Any suggestion on a bumper guard?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Rogadanar, Nov 23, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Rogadanar

Rogadanar New Member

My wife's Clarity recently got scratched pretty good on the top of the bumper. She was pulling a stroller out of the trunk. It got me thinking about our Prius, which had like a plastic bumper skid plate on the top of the bumper. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes some kind of hard plastic bumper protector for the Clarity? I remember Honda sold one of those clear bra type films, unfortunately it's too late for that on our car.

So I've done some searching online but I haven't been able to find anything that just for the top of the bumper. I'd appreciate any suggestions.

[​IMG]

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

4. ClarityDoc

ClarityDoc Active Member

5. Robert_Alabama

Robert_Alabama Well-Known Member

I know you would like to do this without spending much. I closed the electric garage door on the rear of my Volt a couple of months ago. Actually had to do some body filler work to get it to look right (two spots about the size of a quarter each). After I sanded the filler, I hit each lightly with spray paint. Actually blended in and came out looking pretty good (at least passes the first glance test). If I had been able to cover them with clear plastic protector after the "repair", I don't think you would have been able to see them, or at least very little. My thought is this. If you aren't comfortable with do-it-yourself like this, then take it to a collision repair place. Ask them about spot fixing it (not painting the whole bumper) with the knowledge that you will cover it with the plastic applique after the repair. They might charge you less than you would think to help out.

insightman likes this.