Another charging locator app/service

Discussion in 'General' started by hobbit, May 19, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

I searched the forum base but it doesn't look like this mapper got mentioned yet:

. https://afdc.energy.gov/fuels/electricity_locations.html#/find/nearest?fuel=ELEC

I just started to poke at this, and it looks fairly straightforward and comprehensive,
    with typical filter options. The "about the data" blurb claims daily updates directly from
    the major charging networks. They *don't* seem to include the dinky 25 kW CCS units
    at car dealers and Harley shops, which is fine because they're slow and often unavailable.

The in-browser version needs javascript on [what locator doesn't??] and allowed
    backend interaction with "maptiler.com", and mobile apps seem to be available
    albeit only through the usual stores.

_H*

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Just checked our area, and seems to be missing quite a few. I set it to look at ALL but still not picking up some of the newer ones that came online.

4. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

There's a "submit new station" button; go for it. Do the other locators have
    them yet either? Also consider that NREL is a US agency and their Canada
    interaction may be a bit more token.

_H*

5. Yeah, plugshare shows both newer ones and coming soon stations that don't show up on this one.