After SB update report

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by David in TN, Jan 15, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

I had SB's taken care of yesterday. I also had them install the plugs that weren't done during PDI.

One SB for HVAC couldn't be done as the part is on backorder.

I arrived home with my Clarity depleted of electrons (meaning that the blue inside gauge was almost to nothing) to check charging time. That's my terminology, I either use gas, electrons, or both. :)

Stock Honda charger took 12.5 hour to complete. (HondaLink gives the time of the last mileage update, and gives me a time when charging is complete. I really like how easy it is to see this!)

Basically - no difference in charge time with stock charger after SB install - I know that others have expressed concern about this.

There are no differences with any other part of the car that I can tell. Everything is the same as before.

My ONLY complaint is that during the software update, Trip A MPG reset. The trip meter didn't, just the MPG part - which I find a little odd...

I'll be trying with my alternate (ZenCar, aka Duosida) charging cord later this week.

ClarityDoc and KentuckyKen like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. vicw

vicw Active Member

Glad to see that you had no serious issues after the updates. Did they include SB 18-097?

4. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

Yes. I was very specific about it.

5. vicw

vicw Active Member

Me too. It seems that SB 18-097 doesn't get put on the update list, unless the customer requests or demands it. That was my experience - I had to specifically request it, and it sounds like you did too. I haven't seen charge time lengthened since the update on mine.

KentuckyKen and 4sallypat like this.