A Better Route Planner

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by solarjk, Dec 15, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. watched a podcast by Andrew Tel in England, he he explained a lot about a better route planner. One thing I did not ever do was to change the EV model. But you can compare how the niro would do against a model 3, Bolt, I pace, 04 a leal Setting a max speed of 68, The niro would comes after 8 and half hours, Model 3 would do it 8 hrs, the bolt and I pace were at 9 hours, the leaf at 9 hours 20 minutes. So on some cold night, pick a place and see how you Niro does.

Also, have charging curves for charging sessions.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. I do not understand. Is a charging curve a charging current profile that changes with SOC? I do not see how to set that on my vehicle .

I also do not understand what you mean by 8.5 hours, 8 hours, etc. Is this some long route that will require a charging stop during the route?

4. Sorry, I tend to leave out parts of a story. Of start of charge, there is a charging curve developed by fasten, which peaks at 76 Kwh and then drops in stages. But your battery has to be warm enough to accept that start of charge and at 10 - 20% state of charge to mark it worth it to use a charger that can deliver 100 Kw

On a better route planner, they have a graph which show people's real (ideal) experience with ultra fast charger, but they must be careful with their data set. I have only seen 75 kw for maybe 30 seconds, before it ramped down to 58 Kw

Now about using ABRP to look at other cars and a fake trip. I started from Brattleboro, VT where I live and planned to go to Salisbury, MD. Any two points will do, as long as they are, say five hundred miles away. I picked the first charging stop where there was a 150 kw changer. Set the road conditions. and then had it plan the route. The Niro took 8 hours and 29 Minutes.

So then you change to car to the Model 3, Bolt or Leaf. Make sure the road condition are the same, and then have ABRP plan the route.