2019 Bolt fake Internet pricing?

Discussion in 'Bolt EV' started by Texconsin, Mar 2, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

Is your new car dealer a crook?

1. Yes, and I let him get away with it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes, but I don't let him get away with it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No, because he's a pastor on Sunday.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Texconsin

Texconsin New Member

This past weekend, according to kbb.com, Classic Chevrolet of Sugarland had two brand new 2019 Bolt LTs for less than $25,000 through March 2. The $1,875 credit is still available and I had a $1,000 bonus on my GM card, also through March 2. I was ready to jump in my 2018 Volt LT and pay the boot price in cash, but both were already "sold." I also received an email about the one I inquired and the email quoted it at over $39,000. Did I miss a great deal or was it smoke and mirrors? I bought the Volt new last March and made the (different) dealer guaranty the $29,016 price by email before I drove there to buy the car. But that didn't stop them adding on lojack, coupon book and some other $300 scam, before it took me also buying a $1,500 extended warranty, just to get out of the finance office. It took about 6 weeks, but I got a refund on all of those things. What is it with car dealers, anyway?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GM has been running a fire sale on Bolts since the beginning of the year, renewing a month at a time. Seems like it's been pretty steady: $8500 off MSRP, or $5000 off + 0% financing. Depending on where and how they're posting prices, that could account for a big difference in what price you see (MSRP vs discounted price), and how quickly they move the tiny bit of inventory they get.

rgmichel likes this.
  4. Texconsin

Texconsin New Member

Why do I think they "move" it to friends, family and employees?

5. mdwill

mdwill New Member

Sorry to let you know that the prices are real. I picked up a Bolt Premier for 24k before tax and fees. I am also not a friend or family member of the dealership, first time I ever walked on the lot.

6. EgonSpengler

EgonSpengler New Member

I was just looking at the website also. So the $8500 cash allowance isn't some voodoo that accounts for tax credits? If so I'm thinking I may aim for a Bolt instead of a Kona as I was planning. I'm actually going to get to spend 6 hours driving a bolt Tuesday for work so it will be an epic test drive.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Inside EVs mobile app

7. To remove this ad click here.