2018 Pacifica Hybrid

Discussion in 'Fiat/Chrysler' started by ArkansasVolt, Jan 9, 2018.

1. ArkansasVolt

ArkansasVolt New Member

I took delivery of my Pacifica Hybrid on 12/1, and it replaced a 2015 Honda Odyssey. It was very hard to find one and sales people reminded me of when I shopped for a Volt in 2011. They were not yet educated on the electric aspect of their vehicles. After a few attempts at local dealerships, I ended up going to Patriot in McAllister, OK to to a dealer transfer. It took a few attempts, but we were able to negotiate and get a Pacifica Hybrid transferred.

The Pacifica Hybrid (PacHy) is very similar to the Volt which I have had for nearly 7 years, but I can explain some differences that I have encountered.

- Stomping on the accelerator is not all electric in the PacHy which wasn't a surprise because I had read about it and had experienced it in the Fusion Energi before.
    - "Engine running due to temperature" like the Volt, but has kicked on as warm as 44 degrees Fahrenheit. Unlike the Volt, there are no large warning messages. I have had it come up on one of the screens, but can't remember off hand which functionality showed the message
    - Tons of extra features compared to my 2011 Volt. ACC all the way to a stop and start back up again, though not as smooth as my parents' Tesla Model S; 360 cameras; huge sunroof (tri-pane), hands free side and rear hatch; heated steering wheel; Android Auto; etc. I know many of these features are now available on the newer Volt, but worth mentioning to those interested.
    - MPG is given in terms of MPGe. When in all electric in the PacHy, I typically see 80ish MPG on the trip info popups when I turn off the power.

I am sure I will think of more over time.

Range has been surprisingly good. 40+ in 50s temperature without hypermiling. In gas only scenarios, I am getting about 35 MPG.

So far, the only thing I miss is memory seats which I had in the Odyssey. The PacHy more than makes up for it by the awesome ride (smooth and low center of gravity) compared to the Odyssey.

2011 Chevy Volt;
    2018 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Domenick likes this.
  2. ArkansasVolt

ArkansasVolt New Member

Adding pictures... IMG_20180109_115254.jpg IMG_20180109_163654.jpg IMG_20180109_163720.jpg

2011 Chevy Volt;

3. Domenick

Domenick Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for taking the time to tell us that. Nice to hear that it compares so favorably to the Odyssey, which is the gold standard of minivans, it seems.
    Great range too! Much better than the EPA 33-mile rating.

I'm really surprised that it hasn't sold better, but it's also true they've had some production "challenges." I actually called my local dealer last summer, and they couldn't get one and couldn't say how long it would take before they did have one. Maybe I should give them a call back.

4. ArkansasVolt

ArkansasVolt New Member

It is very easily worth going to the dealership and see if they can transfer one in. It also helps them with further allocations for not only eco friendly vehicles but sought after cars like the hellcat. They will work with you if they care for the allocations aspect.

2011 Chevy Volt;

Domenick likes this.
  5. Scramjett

Scramjett New Member

To the OP: how is your Pacifica so far? I have to say that I've heard some not so good things about it in the Pacifica forums.