"Covid-19-related"

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by bwilson4web, Mar 28, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

The Johns Hopkins CORVID-19 map is pretty good as it can drill down to a county. Clicking on the county 'dot' pops up the metrics for that county:
    https://www.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

This map shows a distinct rural vs urban difference. So my Mom lives in a county that has no reported cases. Nearby counties have single digits which goes a long way to explaining how many can be so disconnected from the news ... for now.

Then there is my Seattle brother's video:

Finally, an incident Friday:

I was at my favorite market and I saw a customer berating the checkout clerk about,". . . Plot to destroy our economy! The cure is worse than the disease." I didn't have time to intervene so I picked our groceries and filled our basket. But I made it a point to check-out with her.

She was finishing my order when I said,"I saw that customer ranting about the economy. Next time, after he pays his bill, smile and say 'The economy is doing OK. My casket stock is up.'"

It took a few seconds before she got the joke and we 'elbow bumped.' Sad to say, she, like every other check-out clerk, is in the front line of the service industry and exposed to every sicko and occasional rare infected customer.

Obama-care?, Who knows?

Bob Wilson

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
    davidtm likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

That video is hillarious.. :-D

bwilson4web likes this.
  4. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Facts and data from Johns Hopkins:
    covid-19_010.jpg
    • Sweden has the highest COVID-19 mortality rate . . . most likely to die.
    • USA has the highest per capita infection rate . . . most likely to catch it.
    • Norway has lowest mortality and infection rate . . . best to be in Norway.
    I come to InSideEV to discuss technology. There is a time and place for COVID-19 discussions but it isn't in the "General" forum.

Bob Wilson

Pegsie likes this.