InsideEVs Podcast episodes

Discussion in 'General' started by Domenick, Apr 25, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that Tesla has ever made it really clear. As I recall, they used to recommend 80% back when the Model S was new, but that seems to have become more fuzzy over time. I do remember Elon saying or tweeting at one point, maybe a year or two ago, that he recommended daily charging to 90%, and I see that quoted a lot. But maybe he meant that just for the Model 3; I dunno.

Yeah. I've seen a pretty detailed technical analysis trying to figure that out, posted to the Tesla Motors Club forum; but there were some IMHO serious questions raised about the methodology used for that, so I won't quote it.

Honestly, I hadn't noticed that. I don't think you have anything to apologize for, not in the slightest! At least one of your team is a pretty smooth talker, that was obvious; but I'm a lot more interested in content than delivery, so long as the delivery isn't so time-wasting or annoying that it interferes with understanding the content. Nobody on your team has that problem!

You've got a good team there. I don't know how many "hits" you're getting, but you deserve to get a lot!
    :)

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    Domenick and bwilson4web like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

Source: https://mashable.com/article/tesla-battery-charge-max/

. . . In a recent Twitter exchange, Tesla CEO Elon Musk explained that regenerative braking does not kick in at full charge, meaning the car is less energy efficient.

My Std Rng Plus Model 3 posts a warning that 'regeneration reduced' when the charge level is too high. Leaving on a cross-country trip, no problem.

Bob Wilson

Domenick likes this.
  4. ericy

ericy Well-Known Member

Is there a way to post a list of the 3-4 intended topics ahead of time?

5. I usually pull the episode agenda together on Thursday afternoon, so I guess I could probably share what I'm considering and take suggestions.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. bwilson4web

I'm trying to download the audio podcasts. Do you have an automatic system to share the audio with Apple iTunes?

Thanks,
    Bob Wilson

8. It's not automatic, so it takes a little while. It's up now.

9. bwilson4web

Thanks!

I listen to podcasts while driving instead of AM/FM/Satellite radio that has been 'captured' by soulless monopolies.

Bob Wilson

Domenick likes this.
  10. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

It's just a youtube video, should be playable in any browser these days. For
    example, the one slightly upthread is simply an embed of this which any
    of the "youtube downloader" sites could also pull as a .mp4 or similar file if you wanted
    to store it on a device for offline listening later.

_H*

Domenick likes this.
  11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Episode 11.

13. Never get tired of watching that Mach-E 1400 and what it is capable of ; I would love to witness this live, and if it ever comes to my neck of the woods I would purchase tickets just for that event.:)

Domenick likes this.