No, C/NET, YOU’RE ugly!!!

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Fast Eddie B, May 2, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. [​IMG]

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Written by an idiot, apparently, who has no idea what "hatchback" means.

4. But at least we made their “The most underrated new cars on sale today” list!

Domenick likes this.
  5. I agree. It is definitely not a hatchback.

6. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

Clarity certainly not as ugly as the Prius !!

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Ehhh... it's not Brian Cooley doing the review, so it doesn't matter.

9. DapperDano

DapperDano New Member

I really don’t understand the people who think it’s ugly. It’s like they all got together and decided they can’t be real car dudes without stating it’s ugly up front.

10. MrFixit

You know what's really ugly?
    All of the silver crossovers and SUV's... They all look the same.
    We share a common drive, and all our neighbors have one (all different brands) but we can't tell one from another.

coutinpe, Domenick and insightman like this.
  11. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

I have had more people compliment the appearance of my Clarity than any other car I have owned. I like the way it looks.

insightman likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Mark W

Mark W Active Member

CT
    I totally agree that the fender cover is ugly... really ugly. Still love my Clarity though.

14. MrFixit

But wait.
    How can you not like a true classic look (like this 1970 Lincoln) !!!

[​IMG]

Domenick likes this.
  15. Or more like...

[​IMG]

Influenced by both Citroen AND Maserati!

Cash Traylor, insightman and MrFixit like this.
  16. Evfred

Evfred Member

Completely anecdotal but from the under 30 crowd my guy friends have said it’s ugly while my girl friends have said it’s pretty.

I think guys just have preconceived notions of what a car must look like. I include myself in that category.

17. MrFixit

I think you just said that the Clarity is a "Chick Magnet" ?

Cash Traylor and Evfred like this.
  18. It’s odd looking, at best. The front looks like the designers had a food fight with car parts. The wheel skirts are peculiar, but they do help identify the car in a parking lot on the rare occasion that the parking lot is full of sedans rather than SUV’s.

I’m a guy, and one of my guy friends, who happens to drive a Tesla, said it has nice lines. The problem with that “compliment” is that he drives a car that looks like it should be in a Pixar movie. He’s the only one who’s said anything about the car in almost a year. Everyone else is probably too polite to say anything.

I drove a VW Jetta wagon for 11 years and a Volvo wagon for years before that. There was an Audi in between for 3 years. That was a good looking car. For the most part, I don’t care what a car looks like. The Clarity was purchased because there were dealer and tax incentives and the VW was 15 years old.

I like the car. I’d like it better if it looked like an Acura.

Mark W and Cash Traylor like this.
  19. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

At least three different people of very different ages have called mine 'a spaceship'...

The Gadgeteer likes this.
  20. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Hatchback? I wish...

21. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

It might be a chick magnet. Unfortunately, I'm a chick repellent, so it wouldn't help me... :D

22. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

I just saw that old 1976 David Bowie movie 'The Man Who Fell To Earth'. His Lincoln limo had the same skirt. Not sure what year it was.

23. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Well, I'd like it better if it looked like a Mercedes, but I'm quite satisfied. ;) Only miss a moonroof, a hatchback, turning lights on the mirrors and backing sensors...