Triton H looks like its actually from Ford

Discussion in 'General' started by 101101, Apr 18, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

If the Triton is real then I think Ford is behind it and it is a mixture of Tesla, Ford and Amazon (Rivian Tech,) and VW tech. Just like with the Mustang. What is different here though is Ford realizes people won't buy a Lincoln electric but they will buy a new name like Toyota launching Lexus. So you see all the blended clues. The Triton was the name of one of Ford's best V8s (had one myself for a while) the T symbol is reminiscent of Tesla in a tribute kind of way. The drive tech is Rivian type stuff. Pretty sure given the states the batteries would be Tesla tech. The body is pure Lincoln Navigator- Ford Excursion. Not the most aerodynamic but it would sell here because it is pretty no compromise against ICE truck and pretty tried and true conventional styling. Its price points also mean no one gets their knickers in a bunch- it is in the Model X range. Its specs echo cyber truck which has to be no co-incidence and possibly why now there is a Plaid designation that isn't just the trimotor cybertruck. I have a feeling this is Musk's more conventional design for cyber truck as a back up- because it would have been hitting the pick up truck market at the very top of the scale.

Ford can probably pull off what they did with the Mustang Model Y knock off, but I think this will go even better for them. They may try to hide their association almost as much as they've tried to hide their association with he Model Y. But notice the 18 months time line. This is part of that Ford truck coming out of the Tesla factory in wraps a couple years back. I'd also guess this is Ford trying to see if it can leverage is outdated body chassis tech in going forward with Electric. This is them launching a new brand. Remember they've also partnered with VW even for EV and on self driving. If this is real I think it has a high probability of success if Ford can weather the covid storm.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. interestedinEV

interestedinEV Well-Known Member

2 and 2 makes what? 5 or 22 or 0?

I tried to look at Triton Solar website and nothing there inspires confidence in me that they have viable business model or any real product. We have had so many fly by night outfits and even engineers like Dyson have given up. So I cannot see this as a serious car venture, at least for now.

You on the other hand have taken bits and pieces of information and made this into some insidious attempt by Ford to sneak in a competitor to Telsa. I am sorry, I am not able to connect the invisible dots. I do not see anything that would tell me that Ford is involved in this venture. For example, this company is expecting 100 people to put down $140,000 each, off the bat into a car company with no pedigree, no concrete plans, no verifiable progress. I am not sure that Ford is that naive to think people will go for that.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2020
  4. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Very easy and of course you can't connect the dots, its you. Ford sued Tesla over Model E, its why we have the Model 3 instead of
    Model E for Sexy but got S3XY. Ford would not let its engine branding "Triton" for its pick ups go to some upstart without it being Ford and not an actual upstart. It recently discontinued the Triton engine but its still Ford so this is either a Ford marketing run or an actual Ford effort.
    Again we saw them do this with the Ford Mustang which is clearly based on the Model Y as its core ingredient. Its next gen electric trucks will be the same. Its not like these big companies can don anything that isn't transparent. Same as GM pretending that Cruz amounts to anything with paid lie outfits like Navigant or its battery day because it thought Tesla was about to do a battery day. This would be more legitimate than the GM stuff but still an attempt to camouflage and distance from embarrassment.

5. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

Yep Ford is dropping its venture with Amazon (Rivian) for an Electric Lincoln luxobarge truck. This is the wrong move. Ford should be canceling all future internal combustion engine development all of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So although the marketers tried to spin the Triton with a GMC body like it wasn't obviously Ford, Ford did its marketing and then failed. In my mind CV was just another scam like 911 having to do with another useless fossil fuel bailout and tying up government generated deficit (surplus spending) to lock up future opportunities and their associated government driven spending (for all the market blather its is always the government that debits more currency in) for a class of total non contributor net negative current leisure class types and ponzi us along protecting their sunk cost fossil fuel lunacy. Now Ford seems to see some of that pork trip coming along and it thinks it can ease back into its comfortable grooves. I think if America goes under it will be because of the titanic stupidity of the fossil fuel delusion. Just can't forget Trump saying before he came in the 'energy' sector (fossil fuels) was in shambles and he was going to save it and appoints the Exxon CEO as head of state, pulls out of Paris, tries to take a way CARBs power, rolls back vital EPA regulation (threatens to sue/sanction automakers that try to keep fuel standards) and finally he will never let America's great energy companies down... but there is only a glut of fossil fuels not because these fossil fuel actors suddenly for the first time ever really failed to collude or that suddenly a bunch of stupid obviously always stranded asset American shale was on the market they are failing because a superior competitor means we don't need their damn land line phones anymore and there is an actual permanent demand problem they can't lie to cover up and no amount of ponzi, and subsidy and derivative fraud insurance or socializing losses in pensions or tarrifs will over come its the 10x smack down Seba talks about and it happened because this stuff has been obsolete for 70 years!

Can't wait for Ford and GM and FCA to merge and then go away. Tesla appears to finally have a competitor in Xpeng- that is all the news will be about in the future. Instead of 480 billion on a another fossil fuel bailout- we probably spend 90 trillion in adjusted dollars over the last 20 years bailing out fossil fuels- all of that could have and should have gone to green. Meanwhile America's infrastructure goes to crap and people in Shanghi and Berlin make more- to find a country that has as many crap stats as the US you have to the UK or AU where idiot neoliberal ideology took the strongest hold in the worship of non contributing parasites. We need a new Teddy Roosevelt type figure to subject these people to justice to recover our society.