[PICS] The Kona and one of my other cars..

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by FloridaSun, Apr 6, 2020.

To remove this ad click here.

1. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Well, had the Vette for a few years but I'm selling it.. Realized that I never took a pic of both cars together before the Vette is gone.. 20200406_184232.jpg 20200406_184245.jpg 20200406_184305.jpg

Joev and Domenick like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. The Kona looks so much better without a plate in front. Probably adds a little more aerodynamic range.

4. FloridaSun

That explains the great efficiency I get... or it could be the warm Florida weather....

5. FloridaSun

When someone looks at the pics, nobody would think that the Kona would likely beat the Vette down the 1/4 mile.. It's the base version 327/300 HP.. Those ran mid 15's in the 1/4 mile.. I've seen someone running 14.80's with the Kona in the 1/4 mile.. While the Vette certainly has a higher top speed, the Kona would likely win in an acceleration race to the 1/4 mile.. When I tell people that my Vette is my "slow" car, they usually laugh because they can't believe that the Kona is faster in the 1/4 mile.. I do have a 600 HP 406 engine sitting in my garage but I'll likely not install it into the Vette. The Vette should be gone soon. Will start advertising it in the coming weeks but due to COVID-19, I doubt that there are too many people on the market to buy cars..
    If it doesn't sell, maybe I'll convert it to Electric :-D

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  6. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

That is a GREAT idea!

(And, no gloating about the Florida weather.)

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. So, when are you converting the Vette to electric?

9. Not usually a fan of Vettes, but I do like this one. I don't think there's a good electric convertible out there yet. In the States, at least.
    The French have the Citroën Méhari.
    [​IMG]

10. FloridaSun

I love convertibles. If Ford would release a Mach E convertible, I would be all over that.
    Tesla Roadster is more than I would be willing to pay for a car.. My upper limit is about $75k..

Domenick likes this.
  11. FloridaSun

Whenever I would acquire the skills to do the conversion.. Paying a company to do the conversion would cost insane $$$..
    Would be cool to have the Vette with a 200kwh battery and front and rear motors with 600+ HP..

Domenick likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

Honda S2000 . . . jus' sayin'