Parking Garage at work will receive solar panels

Discussion in 'General' started by FloridaSun, Sep 18, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

Still a few months until the entire parking garage will be done. The first section is only 25% of the entire parking garage top. I'm sure that total production of the parking garage as also the top of our 3 buildings will produce a few megawatts. I hope that there will be sufficient EVSE's. We got more and more EV's in the garage.. Still a small fraction of all cars but I can see more and more EV's at the office..

Domenick likes this.
  3. hobbit

hobbit Well-Known Member

Wonder how hurricane-resistant all that will be...

_H*

4. Haha, yeah, had the same thoughts... Need to apply some aerodynamics to the shapes and edges, like spoilers, etc.

5. This is something I've wondered about as well. I'd kind of like to see plaza and box store parking lots, of which we have a huge number of in Florida, double as solar installations (they would provide shade from the sun and protection from our frequent rains, along with water collection, as well). One consideration, of course, is extra cost and actual design to make them hurricane proof.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. FloridaSun

I don't see any issues there.. heavy duty beams. The weakest link are the panels themselves and I doubt that the wind can break them. Not even a tornado would be able to damage the beams..

Last edited: Feb 8, 2020
  8. FloridaSun

They are adding some paneling below the solar panels now..

20200224_102158.jpg 20200224_102512.jpg 20200224_102516.jpg 20200224_102537.jpg 20200224_102738.jpg 20200224_102808.jpg

bwilson4web and Domenick like this.