Clarity Started in Park- again

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Geor99, Nov 27, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. craze1cars

craze1cars Well-Known Member

40 EV miles of 70 to 80 mph is good. Can’t expect more than that. Would get more at lower speeds no doubt.

Geor99 and Robert_Alabama like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. It is nice to know that a dealer would replace the battery, without testing it, simply because an owner asked for a new battery. Unfortunately, you may have just replaced a good battery with another good battery. At the moment it appears that the 12V battery was not the culprit behind this peculiar behavior.

I did review some earlier posts and saw your photo that showed 13.7 miles of EV range and the gauge appears to have ~7 bars. You may have already answered this question, does the ICE come on when you are driving in EV with less than 13-15 miles of range remaining? I’m guessing not, since you are getting ~40 miles at 75mph. I haven’t spent 15-20 minutes sitting in the car with the power on and EV at ~15, but I have on numerous occasions driven down to single digits, even zero, on EV without ever triggering the ICE.

It really adds to the mystery if the ICE doesn’t come on while driving below 15 but does come on while parked below 15.

4. Geor99

Geor99 Active Member

The dealership didn't test the battery, but I did have it tested at O'Reilly, where it tested as "Bad Battery." They seemed to take my word that the battery tested "bad."

And no, the ice does not turn on with 15 ev miles that I can ever remember.

5. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

If you’re getting 40+ EV miles at near 80 mph, count your blessings. The only thing that kills EV range worse than high speed is below freezing temps coupled with extravagant cabin heat.

6. I’d put pulling a 6% grade for 8 miles at 65mph as a high caliber range killer as well.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Steven B

Steven B Active Member

Lesson: Don't take it for granted that the engine won't turn on randomly. Be vigilant when having car on in an enclosed garage.

9. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

I suppose it is possible the engine turns on to move fluids around and dissipate heat.