Monitor SOC While in Car?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Bbeardb, Dec 16, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Bbeardb

Bbeardb Member

When charging, how does one monitor the state of charge inside the car?

My HondaLink doesn’t work. As far as I can tell the car will not charge when it is on.

I guess one more question, since I’m sitting in the car right now, is there a way to run the heater while you’re sitting in the car? Oh, I think I figured that one out, run preconditioning from inside the car from the fob.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MarkClarity

MarkClarity Active Member

You can turn it to "On" mode and look at the EV range. Without pressing the brake pedal pressing the start button goes to "Accessory" mode, then pressing again goes to "On" mode (as apposed to "Run" mode when you press start with the brake pedal depressed, but you can't charge in the "Run" mode).

You could try refreshing HondaLink status with "find my car" but that may only work with the car "Off". Another method is to use an OBD2 bluetooth module and use an app like Torque to look at the % State Of Charge (SOC).

4. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

This leads me to think you have a Clarity BEV model. Since the PHEV greatly outsells it and the FCEV combined and all three have some fundamental differences and since this forum lacks proper sub-forums for each, it's probably best to mention what model one has when asking many questions; otherwise most answers will come from PHEV owners and could possibly not be applicable to the other two cars.

FWIW

5. Bbeardb

Bbeardb Member

It is a PHEV. Seems silly, I know, to be waiting for a charge in a PHEV. But it’s happened a couple of times already that I’m waiting for something (kids orchestra rehearsal to finish as an example) so I drive a few blocks to use a charger. And it’s really cold. It’d be nice to know if it is charging at all without getting out to look for the green light, or how fast it’s charging.

Honda hasn’t been able to solve my Hondalink issues so that’s out.