New use for HV Charge mode

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by The Gadgeteer, Nov 30, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

I stumbled upon a good use of HV Charge mode. I was in a parking lot with a significant amount of pedestrian traffic. I was driving extra cautiously due to all the people but people were constantly walking in front of the Clarity or otherwise oblivious to the presence of the quiet Clarity to the point of it being dangerous. So I caused the engine to start using HV Charge mode. Instantly people had the same awareness of my presence as an ICE vehicle and stopped walking in front of the car. People even politely moved to the side of the traffic areas to let me pass even though I stopped to allow them to cross first.
    Being most of my driving is electric anyway I don’t mind exercising the engine a little if it increases safety.

Robert_Alabama and Daniel M W like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

Are you in Canada? In the US, we have the pedestrian warning sounds that can't be disabled.
    I will say however, that in spite of that sound, we have 'snuck up' on pedestrians who didn't seem to hear it.

This does sound like a good use for HV charge upon occasion !

The Gadgeteer likes this.
  4. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

I just lay on my air electric diesel train horn when in busy parking lots. :)

Texas22Step likes this.
  5. The Gadgeteer

The Gadgeteer Active Member

I am in the US as well and have the musical pedestrian sci-fi sound, however, it seems people are not as responsive to it as much as the sound of an actual engine. It makes sense.

6. MPower

MPower Well-Known Member

No one worries about getting run over by the music of the spheres or the heavenly choir. The sound is nice, but my grandson would not recognize it as an engine, "Brum, brum."

The Gadgeteer likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.