2020 Honda Clarity Listed on Honda Canada Site

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by BeMurda, Nov 15, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. BeMurda

BeMurda Active Member

Indicating it could be 100% carryover.

Take a look at this updated site for Honda Canada:
    https://www.honda.ca/clarity/specs

You can see that it is updated with specs listed under the 2020 model year. After comparing to 2019 model year, it appears identical. Also, it's possible there are small things like a volume knob that are not mentioned. Or that they just temporarily copy pasted the old specs (but why would they do that). I'm checking in with the sales manager I ordered from.

All in all, looking like a carryover though. Was really hoping for heated steering wheel, which I knew was a pipe dream as Civic doesn't offer it, so I guess I'll have to rely on consistent preconditioning. :)

I don't see anything on the US site yet.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. At least they haven't discontinued it, which given the recent news wouldn't have surprised me either. Nor would the 2020 being exactly the same as the 2018.

BeMurda likes this.
  4. The brochure link goes to 2019, which makes me think there are no changes, The specification brochure goes to 2020 which leads me to believe that if there were changes they would have a 2020 brochure.

5. BeMurda

BeMurda Active Member

I posted this on the owner group in Facebook and someone said the following:

"I called around and one Clarity person in Montreal confirmed that the infotainment got refreshed for the 2020 (volume knob unit, so it has the extra ram that's absent in the older units without the knob)."

Hopefully we get confirmation next week about any changes.

6. First thought: I wonder what the cost to replace the existing unit will be?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

It also refers to the drivetrain as "full parallel hybrid" when, in fact, it's a serial hybrid drivetrain.

9. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I'm blown away to learn that Honda made changes to the 2020 Clarity. Are the knob and a few extra bytes of memory the only changes to the car? Maybe Honda just ran out of the old infotainment head units.

For those thinking about upgrading their now-obsolete Clarity PHEVs, the 2018 head unit reportedly cost more than $1,200, so I imagine the new one is just as expensive, if not more expensive. That's a big price for a little knob. I expect it will be a while before the new head unit finds its way to a bin in the Honda parts depot.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  10. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

This thread is incomplete without someone posting that they actually BOUGHT a 2020 Honda Clarity from a dealership outside of California.

11. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

This is the interior gallery photo of the knobless infotainment head unit shown on the Canadian Clarity site linked above:

upload_2019-11-16_11-20-57.png

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. BeMurda

BeMurda Active Member

Yes, I don't think the gallery and info page has changed at all from the 2019, they copy pasted.

insightman likes this.