Maximum Range on Battery -- Comments

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Timothy, Feb 26, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

867DDA40-72DD-4DB2-8A58-3569A4B1343E.png Just charged up after today and HondaLink is reporting 69!

KentuckyKen likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

The King is dead, long live the new King of mileage!

LegoZ likes this.
  4. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

I am careful to never go over three lines when accelerating and mostly try to only use two. I use the paddles for full regen and only brake at the very end to being the car to a full stop. The streets I drive are 30-45 mpg speed limits with some school zones in the morning. I’m smashing the EPA estimate of 117 MPGe city the gas fill up shown took into account the charge that was drawn down in HV mode. The weather has been fair so no HVAC usage at all. This includes all power being pulled from my CharePoint Home. So it would include any preconditioning that I have been refraining from.
    FE6991D2-CCAA-4F83-B173-9634E52D5BC0.png

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    KentuckyKen and Kendalf like this.
  5. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

Ummmm lol
    9EFCBB23-F993-4D17-B3F5-C5EF6EEE03CF.jpeg

6. iluvscuba

iluvscuba Active Member

Can you comment on the accuracy of the EV Range? I hope it's not like the HV Range

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

I think the EV range is about as accurate as it can be. It's pretty obvious the previous drive is one of the factors in the equation. Another is battery temperature and likely ambient temperature. In general I think I am getting a bit more range than the EV estimate while my wife gets a little less. I'm easier on accelerating from a stop than she is. It makes a difference. I think the battery gauge is also fairly accurate but some would disagree.

9. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

Not 100% certain yet it seems relatively accurate. It definitely takes into account your driving. If I hopped on the highway it would be way off not sure what it would do/look like on the way down.

10. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

Just noticed this when I got into the car today.

Attached Files:

KentuckyKen likes this.
  11. jdonalds

Oh yea I'd like 72 miles of EV range!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

4D044D2E-D20C-49EA-A901-CEBF4519E63B.png
    This is over 1558 miles so far

14. bpratt

bpratt Active Member

You must live where it's a lot warmer than where I live.

15. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

Yes it’s been extremely nice. Although when I did have to use the heat is was hardcore bad news on range. I need to go back and look at my spreadsheet but it may be cheaper to run in hv mode if I need to use a bunch of heat.
    When I used a bunch of heat it was 4.2 cents per mile. When I ran on the interstate in HV mode it was 4.8 cents per mile.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  16. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

Wow!! You are now the undisputed king of EV mileage. Do you actually get the full 72 miles before hitting 0 and going into HV mode?

17. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

I don’t ever need to push it that far. Farthest I’ve gone on one charge is 48 miles so far and still had a bit of charge left.

18. Schaffer970

Schaffer970 New Member

Just went 49 EV miles, freeway driving (kept cruse control at 65). Outside temperature 62. I'm happy!

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    LegoZ likes this.
  19. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

Very nice

20. barnesgj

barnesgj Active Member

Since the temps warmed up, am averaging 47-49 on EV with mostly 60-65 mph. Am driving normally (no extra effort), using the cruise alot and no heat and very little A/C.
    Am curious to see what summer A/C will do to these numbers.

21. JimW

JimW Active Member

I'm still waiting to see 47. The weather has been in the 60's the past few days and I had 41 this morning. My commute to work is 5 miles at highway speeds, so I wonder if I will ever see high 40's.

22. jdonalds

Is that 41 EV mile range estimate, or did you drive until the battery was depleted at 41 miles driven?

The reason I ask is today when we got in the car it showed 42 miles EV range estimated. Then we drove about 15 miles and had 31 miles EV range estimated at the end of the drive. So that means we had at least 46 miles of electric range. The battery gauge showed only about 1/4 used. So the initial estimate was adjusted as we took that little trip.

23. JimW

JimW Active Member

I was showing 41 first thing yesterday morning after a full charge. I did not charge yesterday, and was showing 29 this morning. That agrees with the approximately 12 miles I drove yesterday. My question was if most of my driving history is at highway speeds, will the range calculation at full charge ever exceed 47? My expectation is that the miles/KwH for EV cars varies with speed much more than MPG with ICE vehicles. Driving slowly with minimal HVAC should use very little electricity.