2020 Kona Electric in Canada

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by apu, Oct 27, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. I posted this reply in Canadian ordering thread but I think it deserves its own thread. Discuss :)

It appears they have introduced a very stripped down new trim level "Essential" at the bottom price point of $44, 999 with acid yellow as only color choice and oddly it excludes the heat pump, adaptive cruise control and battery heater. Very bizarre to exclude these in Canada ! The 2020 Preferred trim now has the premium infinity audio with 8 speakers but also with a new price of $1000 more.
    [​IMG]

These seem to be all the key option differences of the 2020 preferred over essential:
    • Heat Pump System
    • Battery Heating system
    • Adaptive Cruise Control w/ Start-Stop
    • Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (FCA) with Pedestrian Detection
    • Blind Spot Collision Warning with Lane Change Assist
    • Rear Cross-Traffic Collision Warning
    • Driver Attention Warning (DAW)
    • Parking Distance Warning - Reverse
    • Infinity® Premium Audio w/ Clari-fi™ Music Restoration Technology & 8 speakers
    • Heated Front Seats
    • Heated Steering Wheel
    • Leather-wrapped steering wheel
    • Cargo cover (net)
    • Unique LED taillights w/ graphics
    • Available Two-tone roof (optional)
    • Roof rails
    • Solar front glass
    • Rear privacy glass
    The 2020 Ultimate appears unchanged other than new 10.3 inch infotainment unit. Looks like they did not add heated rear seats like earlier press releases implied.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. One new change, the coolant is now the same color as the wiper fluid :
    https://www.reddit.com/r/KonaEV/comments/dszgzp/take_a_look_at_the_engine_bay_on_a_2020_im_so/
    :confused:

4. That is a nice screen, if that was available last year, it may have swayed my choice from the the preferred model, maybe :)

I see there is a 9 inch aftermarket head unit available for the Kona. You would loose the EV related software but I wonder if you could run something like EV notify or torque pro on the android operating system, plus you could add a HDTV,DVD functions, looks cool.
    https://www.phoenixautomotiveinc.com/products/9-octa-core-android-navigation-radio-for-hyundai-kona-2018-2019

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    Francois likes this.
  5. To remove this ad click here.