HondaLink Android App Update Version 4.1.0 (10/31/19), have you updated?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Rav, Nov 1, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Rav

Rav Member

I just saw the update and I'm scared to upgrade. Each app update gets worse. All of the latest reviews are terrible. I want to be optimistic but I don't trust Honda. If you've updated, can you please provide your experience? Thank You.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

Seems a little bit quicker to respond after updating. Also doesn't have the silly delay with the "connecting..." screen anymore, at least at the moment.

Rav likes this.
  4. jdonalds

jdonalds Well-Known Member

Seems to work fine.

Rav likes this.
  5. jack.

jack. New Member

Bad news - it still sucks

Daniel M W, Nikko508 and Rav like this.
  6. Richard_arch74

Richard_arch74 Active Member

Previous to this latest update my hondalink app was virtually useless. I just updated, because it couldn't get any worse, and the app updated to actual time after "locate car". I'll take what ever improvements they have to offer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Inside EVs mobile app

Rav likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Aaron

Aaron Active Member

I finally just deleted that app. It's beyond worthless.

Nikko508 and Rav like this.
  9. Nikko508

Nikko508 Member

I just updated it. It's the same crap as before... Only a newer version..

Rav likes this.
  10. Are you all on IOS? I'm Android and the app says version 4.0.7.1 NOV 2019

Rav likes this.
  11. Rav

Rav Member

I'm on Android. The version you listed is the not the latest update that was released on 10/31/19. I too have the version you listed because I have not done the update. If you are seeing 4.0.7.1 as Nov 2019, perhaps you need to update the play store or you're not on Android 10.

Since the app works for some and not for others on Android (I have no clue on Apple), I wonder if the issues are specific to each phone manufacturer? I guess it could help if folks can list their manufacturer/phone type. Honda needs all the help they can get.

I have a Google Pixel 2XL on Android 10

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Edit: I went back to the Play Store and there was an update. It now says Version 4.1.0

Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Android 6.0.1

LOL! we are looking to replace after the holidays.

When I go to the app store is says already installed with no update option.

Rav likes this.
  14. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

I'm on 4.1.0

Seems to be better than before; the only issue was having to login again.

Remote climate working as it should.

ODO is still behind about 100 miles at this time.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Inside EVs mobile app

15. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Mine updated to 4.1.0. Everything working (slowly), but it worked before on the last version. Google Pixel XL running Android 10.

16. mrgb5

mrgb5 New Member

mine got stuck on 14 oct 2019 for the find my car location, and always shows charge is full , mine is 4.10 update, i complained to support on 31 oct, still waiting for their answer. mine is S10+ phone. surprisingly odometer reading is working correct.

17. descolado

descolado Member

I update , no issues on Android.

My Honda Link year trial is due to expire in a few days, curious to see if I'll lose remote climate or vehicle locator.. Really those are the only features I use in the app.

18. Richard_arch74

I know it says you have a 12 month complementary trial period but I don't think they charge you for it after the 12 months. I haven't paid for the service after the 12 month trial. Maybe that's why it doesn't work like it should/s

19. Nikko508

Nikko508 Member

I wasn't told it's a 12 month trial Where does it say that?

20. Richard_arch74

When you google "hondalink cost" it takes you to a honda site that says the hondalink has a 12 month free trial period. I can say I have never heard of any one who has paid for this joke of an app. By comparison my Ford Pass app, which is free, is miles and miles better.

Nikko508 likes this.
  21. Danks

Danks Active Member

The site is a Honda dealer - Patty Peck Honda. The subscription is a Security Subscription for the Accord Touring. They also have a Remote Subscription for the Accord Touring that is free for 3 months then $110/year and a Concierge Subscription free for 3 and then $260/year.

The normal, basic HondaLink app is free.

FWIW - I have the 4.10 update and mine is working fine.

Nikko508 likes this.
  22. JohnT

JohnT Active Member

Still crap - 3 versions ago my Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S smartphone upper end world phone
    was correctly in kilometers - since then - including this update it is stuck in 'miles'.

After 5 or more calls and a few hours with Honda 'support' - including supposedly a developer - it is still in miles and it is my fault :-(

piece of crap (an older Huawei tablet is happily in kilometers)

23. Danks

Danks Active Member

This might not help and it may have already been tried, but... Are the two devices set with the same Language setting? Some apps use English US to set to miles and a different English setting for kilometers.