Google Maps CarPlay Issues with iOS13

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Bina12834, Oct 15, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Bina12834

Bina12834 Member

Anyone else having Google Maps CarPlay issues with the update that came with iOS13? Google Maps will just quit randomly when using it. When I go back in I have to reenter my destination. I've noticed this happens a lot when turning right and the LaneWatch turns on on the screen. When my turn is complete and the LaneWatch turns off, Google Maps quits.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mine is fine. Have you tried restart the entertainment system by holding the power button? I had the issue of lane watch interfering with things running on CarPlay. That fixed it.

4. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

I don't use LaneWatch (I have deactivated it.)

I use CarPlay with the Apple maps, and I love it! The new CarPlay allows me to have a different display on my phone while I use the map.

I have never had the maps quit randomly, so maybe it is a problem with LaneWatch.

5. Bina12834

Bina12834 Member

It doesnt happen just with LaneWatch. I could just be driving down the road and GoogleMaps will quit randomly.

6. Bina12834

Bina12834 Member

Will doing that restart the entertainment system any differently then when the car is turned off and back on again?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. As far as I know shutting car off doesn’t restart entertainment system. Holding power button does.

9. Bina12834

Bina12834 Member

When you restart do you lose things like radio presets and settings?

10. As far as I know no. It’s just a restart , not a reset.

11. Bina12834

Bina12834 Member

Well resetting the head unit didn’t resolve the issue.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Kranberry

Kranberry Member

I had this issue with Waze for a while too, but not lately. Where I'm driving and I notice that it reset with no directions. Another thing I've noticed since upgrading to ios13 is that I am listening to radio, Waze would speak directions and then all of a sudden I'm in Apple Carplay audio mode and no more radio. Doesn't happen all the time, just some of the time.