Honda Clarity AC hissing noise on high after cabin Air filter change

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by sontp11, Oct 7, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. sontp11

sontp11 New Member

Hi All,

From one of a thread about cabin air filter here, I ordered through Amazon and changed it myself on my 2018 Clarity Plug-in. Everything seems fine for the first 2 days. Earlier today, while driving in the heat and with the AC fan turned on max speed, I noticed a loud hissing noise coming from the vent. I then lowered the fan speed and the noise faded at the mid range of the fan power.

I think the fit of the filter (aftermarket) be the cause and am planning to see if switching back to the OEM sizing will solve this. I am wondering if anyone on this forum has any insights.

TIA

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

I wonder if the noise is a leaf touching the fan blade. When you removed the filter, you may have knocked some debris into the fan area...

Teslawannabe likes this.
  4. sontp11

sontp11 New Member

If that is the case, could you point out how I would be able to detect that as an issue, or resolve it? Should I turn it over to the dealership for "clarity"? Thanks!

5. Run it with the filter removed. If there's something stuck in there it might blow it out.

6. sontp11

sontp11 New Member

Hi All, I finally resolved this if anyone would run into this problem. The sizes of the replacement cabin air filter is slightly smaller compared to the original filter. I replaced it with a new filter with "correct" sizing and the issue have gone away.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

@sontp11 -
    Can you enlighten us as to the "correct" size to watch for, and/or which one from Amazon was wrong?
    Did you wind up getting the correct one from the dealer, or did you find another aftermarket filter that worked?

9. sontp11

sontp11 New Member

10. MrFixit

MrFixit Well-Known Member

The first one you bought shows 8.27" x 8.03" x 1.14". What did you find are the 'correct" dimensions?

11. sontp11

sontp11 New Member

8.3 x 8.1 x 1.1 inches This is my estimate based on the original filter. I did not check the actual size of the OEM i bought from the dealership. I did a quick visual comparison with the one from amazon, it is slightly bigger.
    Hope that helps.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Clarity_Newbie

Clarity_Newbie Active Member