Having to slam the rear door

Discussion in 'Hyundai Kona Electric' started by Francois, Oct 6, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Francois

Francois Active Member

Every time I close the hatchback of my kona, the car complains as if I left it open. I always have to reopen it and slam it shut vigorously to ensure that the car doesn't complain. Just wondering if it is just me, in which case I should go to the dealership, or whether they are all that way.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Make sure the plastic stoppers are all fully tight. A lot of owners had this issue, including me. The stoppers are not fully tight and so they are not screwed in all the way and stand out a little more than they should. Just screw then tight by hand and you should be fine. I don't have any problems any more.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

4. Francois

Francois Active Member

Thanks for the advice. I will give that a try in the morning.

Esprit1st likes this.
  5. FloridaSun

FloridaSun Well-Known Member

never had that issue. The only time that I got that warning was when I had a bulky item in there and it indeed did not close completely.

6. Many early owners had this issue. The stops are designed to be adjustable (as cars have had for a few decades) and Hyundai appear to have failed to carry that out step. Same thing with the hood.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Francois

Francois Active Member

Works like a charm now. Many thanks for the tip. ;)

electriceddy likes this.
  9. DelRider

DelRider Member

FWIW, there appears to be some natural 'break-in'. I noticed this issue when I brought the vehicle home, it has diminished with time. YMMV/

10. I've had that issue as well. Thanks for posting this, I'll check it out this evening.

11. fiercely

fiercely Member

Its the same problem in the gas versions.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. It's the same problem in many cars... Usually, after a few months they "break-in" and you are OK. With the front hood it is often the opposite, too loose, and you need to screw them out to make it tighter.

fiercely likes this.