No lining in door compartments & space underneath center console?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by ihaveanemu, Oct 3, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ihaveanemu

ihaveanemu New Member

Apologies if this has been answered before, but I can't seem to find confirmation. Perhaps I just don't know the correct terminology to search for or I care about things that don't matter to everyone else!

I just traded in my 2013 Accord for a Clarity Plug In. One thing I noticed right off the bat with the Clarity was that the door compartments and the space underneath the gear selector buttons were hard, smooth plastic with no lining. So if you lay your phone in that compartment where the USB plug is, it slips and slides all over the place. Is that the case with everyone else's Clarity?

On the Accord, at least from what I can remember, the compartments were lined with this soft touch material which limited the movement in the cubbies which was great. Just want to make sure the dealer didn't miss any pre-purchase installations. I suppose worst case I can just cut up some shelf liner but I'm lazy and it probably won't look as good as the Accord. But mostly that I'm lazy.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

I bought the Honda liner insert and was disappointed. It was hardly more anti-slip than the original plastic. I Googled up a piece of black silicon and cut to fit. Works much, much better for less $. A silicon baking sheet at Wally World was my first thought but they were all colored red.

4. fotomoto

fotomoto Active Member

I added some tacky, rubberized shelf liner material to mine for 99 cents.

IMG_4484.jpeg IMG_4489.jpeg

5. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Here's the thread where I gave the dimensions and an outline of the phone mat.

6. To remove this ad click here.

7. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

8. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

9. AlanSqB

AlanSqB Active Member

Mine has a little rubber mat fitted in it. Maybe that’s a touring add on?

10. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

What about the door compartments? Would like to see some ideas for lining that with something.

11. To remove this ad click here.

12. Valente

Valente Active Member

I purchased a black face towel for 99 cents. Just laid it in there. Works perfect.

Kerbe likes this.
  13. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

Might have been dealer-added - it's not "standard-issue".

14. Kerbe

Kerbe Well-Known Member

Check the product link I listed above...

Mowcowbell likes this.
  15. I bought a 3 pack of black mouse pads on Amazon for around $9. Cut one to fit, flipped it upside down so the sticky side was up, and it works great.

And I have two new mouse pads to replace the old ones. Win win.

Mowcowbell likes this.