What the GM workers should do

Discussion in 'General' started by 101101, Sep 18, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

The problem they face is that they are employees. Employment has been for 50 years for those who were paying attention like the union bosses and the managements they married. We're in the post "economic problem" era. Soon to be former GM employees need to buy the company outright and delist it taking it private while pushing out all the parasite investors without exception. If you don't work there you should have no share in the company. Then they need to go one step further and covert the charter from an ownership basis to a membership basis barring sale of the company in the charter.

They then need to get rid of the board and the executives and the managers and the supervisors and replace them with collaborative software. No one needs to be in charge, no one should be in charge. If people don't want to do certain things it won't get done, collaboration is the key and getting rid of parasites and their parasitic hierarchy. So what if it is too collegiate. Leadership notions are idiotic. If someone doesn't have the maturity and the vision of a Gandhi, MLK or Mandela , you can't call them a leader but the good thing is you don't need them. Build your work around friendship and trust and screw the other parasitic nonsense. Just go leaderless! People who want to be leaders or be in charge are idiots you don't need them - kick them out, because that impulse ends up justifying itself with thieving in one form or another especially of other people's time and assets! Someday it will be recognized as a personality disorder, it need treatment not gratification.

They also need to get rid of the union, its absolutely crucial, just have to look at the UAW's ties to the GOP to understand how wrong it is and how much current non competing agency shop type unions exist just to sell out the membership - those ties to the GOP mean it is a union that functions to sell out its members and it will always stupidly be trying to create contracts with a parasitic hierarchical management because it can't justify its existence without the conflict that sets up. Another way to see how pointless or obsolete unions are is to look at how they treat their employees. See if your contract has the pure idiot 'management rights' sections or 'work place disruption' section or language that allows 'duties as otherwise' assigned or any of the other bent over bought and paid for idiocy that unions build in to sell out their memberships.

Also the company in the charter needs to bar advertisements, these are another conflict just like unions, ad companies destroy the relationships between companies and their customers. Just use search effectively and use customer exposure to superior products. We know a company that does just that. Plus advertising leads to media capture and law as money or law as crime.

Also make sure the company stays out of investments- it should not invest its money, pensions and other elements need to be built on trusts that bar any kind of reliance on speculation (so called investments) just run pay-as-you go even against inflation don't worry about capital rot. Same for insurance self-insure everything but no investments (put it in the charter)- zero speculation with that money that is just another form of attempting thieving or will end up that way. Also go super lean, no flash and no flair.

This entity will likely be able to function as a not for profit or non profit even as it manufactures. If you need to work out payment in the form of taxes find another way. Do not create an idiot HR department. People are not resources they are ends in themselves. Make sure the organization prioritizes mission above all else.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. DaleL

DaleL Active Member

GM, based on stock price and outstanding shares, is now worth 53 billion dollars. Worldwide, GM employs 173,000 people. Each employee would need to come up with $306,400, (8062 shares) to buy the company. That's not going to happen.

4. 101101

101101 Well-Known Member

That disparity is the result of the company ripping them off by radically underpaying the workers. They should then do a hostile take over by
    striking and boycotting long enough to drive the stock price down to make the acquisition work. They would just be formally acquiring what by all rights already belongs to them and was stolen from them. In a way they would just be right sizing the companies stock value to make it more representative of its inevitable bankruptcy if something like this doesn't happen. Plus they'd be divesting more than a few parasites of the ill gotten gain that came at their expense.

I don't think GM's future is any brighter that BMW's. BMW moronically doesn't get that Tesla has been destroying it- lowest results in 10 years on earnings (as if that matters) and for sure BMW has been lying about its sales. It keeps looking at Daimler while Daimler just announced the end of gas and diesel car development. They rightly fired Harold Kruger for being so recalcitrant backwards on electrics and then hired a production guy that is doubling down on the same incredibly foolish backwards strategy that will have BMW getting bailed out by the German government GM style (even after BMW's own diesel gate) and merging with Daimler or just going bankrupt permanently. In our country chop shop Mitt Romney didn't want to bailout GM. In retrospect I think he was right, but it should have been liquidated with all the value going to the employees and none for the useless shareholders. Its not investment advice but one has to be incredibly stupid to invest in a moronic profit first company like GM. A profit first company is weak to the core and also criminally corrupted. Its almost like: what do you call a company that prioritizes share holder value above all else? "organized crime." We should take such companies and jail their execs long term and yank their charters because they are least as much of a threat to the public interest as formal effective organized crime.

5. Pushmi-Pullyu

Pushmi-Pullyu Well-Known Member

I'm all for collective bargaining and small, local unions, but the UAW is the poster child for unions that have grown so large and so corrupt that they are as bad or worse for workers than big business corporate leaders.

I'd love to see the UAW dealt such a serious blow over this dispute that the union fractures into much smaller groups, which hopefully would redirect to protecting individual workers, which is (or should be) the actual purpose of a union. Probably not gonna happen, but we can always hope!

6. bwilson4web

bwilson4web Well-Known Member Subscriber

My understanding is GM wanted to change the employee contribution for medical coverage from ~3% to ~15% ... a 12% reduction in take home pay. Sorry, I don't have the source as I picked it up from one of my podcasts.

When my wife reached Social Security and Medicare age, I took her off of my medical coverage and got more in the net pay. When I reached Medicare age while working, I did the same and again got a big boost in my net pay.

Bob Wilson

7. To remove this ad click here.