BYD Tang

Discussion in 'Other EVs' started by ShanghaiDong, Aug 1, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. ShanghaiDong

ShanghaiDong New Member

Hey everyone, absolute EV noob here looking for some advice.

I’ve just been offered a new job that would require a 120 mile round commute. In order to be able to register a car here in Shanghai (without paying $15k) I’m required to purchase an EV or PHEV hybrid. After some research I’ve decided the BYD tang is probably my best option, however I’m struggling to choose between the PHEV and EV version.

Most of my miles will be highway miles, away from congested areas and at off peak hours.

I’ve attached a link below with the specs, and was wondering if someone could give me some advice. I’m also open to other EVs available in the Chinese market (BYD tang premium electric is the top of my budget) if anyone has any suggestions.

https://insideevs.com/news/351456/byd-tang-600-600d-specs/

Thanks

Dan

Edit- Mods feel free to move this to general discussion if it would be better suited there.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Kyaw Lwin

Kyaw Lwin New Member

4. Kyaw Lwin

Kyaw Lwin New Member

I live in Yangon Myanmar and own BYD for four months. No problem to do 120m on full charge.

5. gooki

gooki Well-Known Member

Get the BEV version.

6. abelcheng

abelcheng New Member

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

Will you have guaranteed access to a charging station at both ends of your journey? If not, a PHEV offers more security than a BEV.