Ontario owners: how long does it take to receive the government rebate?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by bigbug, May 24, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. NotHappy

NotHappy New Member

North York Chrysler is trying to discuss issue with Fiat Chrysler Canada. However when I email to see if any progress I am always told that FCC is not responding. I was contacted by the dealership in August 2019 after I had stopped looking for an eligible Pacifica. Dealer told me that they had located one that was eligible for rebate and should come in right away. I asked for a written guarantee but was reassured that this was not necessary and they had sold many cars using the rebate. 6 mo later after no rebate I called the Ministry and was told I was rejected and vehicle was not on THE list. Dealer said they had no knowledge of a list.
    What options do we have?
    Class action lawsuit?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. GV Ottawa

GV Ottawa Member

Just curious ... have any of the folks struggling with getting their rebates for their VW or Chrysler purchases had any luck in making progress?

4. Monsz

Monsz New Member

No luck here. Emailed OMVIC about 6 weeks ago, my case was assigned to someone there more than 3 weeks ago. She has sent me an update saying she's still looking into it within the last week. Someone in the Facebook group had some luck with them so I will try remain hopeful.

5. Rivek_egolfowner

Rivek_egolfowner New Member

In case anyone here is new please join the Facebook group if you have not received your incentive. https://www.facebook.com/groups/701650080266410/ Most of us have joined this by-invitation-only group. That's why it's been fairly quiet here the last couple of months. There are about 27 members now.

6. MajorAward

MajorAward Active Member

I will not be assimilated into the Borg:)

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Rivek_egolfowner

Rivek_egolfowner New Member

It's not that bad. It's either the Borg or Transendancy - sooner or late we're all turning digital and then we won't need EVs. BTW, I'm still on again off again connecting with Yorkdale VW, attempting to figure out if they have any worth left about helping with the rebate denials. Pretty much everyone seems to be sympathetic, there but not a lot of a action. I'm fairly defeated and roller coasting between ranting lunatic, like my siamese cat, and helplessness.

What's this business with the OMVIC - does anyone have a contact phone number or email for OMVIC they would share? Is this a promising route to take?

9. Monsz

Monsz New Member

Can't vouch for whether or not it's promising as I'm still waiting on them, but I believe Leafboy had some success. Apparently Florin and Filip are no longer with Yorkdale VW, so that's interesting...

My contact with OMVIC is Chrystal Chow [email protected]

Hang in there!! I know how much this sucks!