What is the longest you have made a tank of gas last?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by LegoZ, Jun 25, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

I just recently (June 15th) burned through my tank that I filled Jan 7th. So my longest has been:
    A hair over 6 months
    3611 miles
    I will be starting another run here June 30th and this will be dependent on if I swap the car.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

Very impressive. I doubt I ever go that long, due to trips I make every few weeks that are over 120 miles round trip.

LegoZ likes this.
  4. ClarityBill

ClarityBill Active Member

I guess I am out of the running for this competition... My longest streak has been 7 days without a fillup. I did fillup 4 times in one day (21 gallons): I am one of the ones that really wish we had a 10 gallon tank. 25,198 miles - 440 gallons

LegoZ likes this.
  5. brentac

brentac Member

I have a little less than half a tank left since Feb 20, I've gone 4600ish miles.

LegoZ likes this.
  6. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

Nice @brentac, you have bested me on the mileage side. How many miles do you have on your Clarity and how long have you had it?

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. brentac

brentac Member

I've had it about 16 months. 23.5K miles. I used to drive a ton for work. Quite a bit less now which is nice.

LegoZ likes this.
  9. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

Are you saying you get a new car whenever you use up the tank of gas? :)

MNSteve likes this.
  10. bpratt

bpratt Active Member

I filled my tank on July 20,2018 and then again June 17,2019 getting ready for a fishing trip where I will again use gas. I actually had to run in HV charge mode to burn up the remaining gas from 2018.

MPower likes this.
  11. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

Lol sorry this was referring to oko’s post where they were able to trade in the car and upgrade to the touring for no additional money. I am going to try this and see what the numbers look like.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. LegoZ

LegoZ Active Member

Nice any idea how many all EV miles over that tank?

14. 2002

2002 Well-Known Member

There was a story about Red Skelton, who knows if it's true, but it was back in his heyday when he was on TV and making a huge salary. He had a home in Palm Springs and one day he pulled into a gas station near his house for a fill-up in his Rolls-Royce. The attendant noticed that one of his tires was low and might have a leak. Red said "I'll go get another one" and drove off. The attendant assumed that he went back home to get a spare tire. But instead a few minutes later Red pulled into the station driving a different Rolls-Royce.

MNSteve, MPower and Louis Nisenbaum like this.
  15. bpratt

bpratt Active Member

Yes, a little over 5000.

LegoZ likes this.
  16. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

I get gas station remorse for not visiting them as often as in the past, so I fill up once a month (usually in the first week). It usually takes 1 to 2 gal!

17. RobinBrain

RobinBrain Member

Down to about 3 gallons in two weeks, mostly due to 100+ mile trips.

18. Dan Albrich

Dan Albrich Well-Known Member

Best I've done is nearly 2 months. But even when I burn gas, the car uses the least possible. This car reminds me of when gas was $1/gallon. I no longer really think about how much I'm driving to save expense. And I'm more likely to do more trips when the cost to do so is low. i.e. Go to beach for the day, sure, why not? It will cost me less than $5 round-trip.

LegoZ likes this.
  19. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

I like to brag about driving on Honda's gasoline for the first 10 months (then I mumble about driving only 4K miles in those 10 months).

LegoZ likes this.
  20. M. Shah

M. Shah Member

2100 miles and 5 gallons used

LegoZ likes this.
  21. GV Ottawa

GV Ottawa Member

My longest stretch between tank fills was 3503 km (2176 miles).

LegoZ likes this.
  22. stacey burke

stacey burke Active Member

On march 10th I filled up at 6840, Now I have 10030 and a 1/2 tank but will fill up in the next few days - trip of 1,000 miles to Las Vegas.

23. coutinpe

coutinpe Active Member

Bought my baby on January 21th, filled on Feb 18 and then on April 24th, each time around 3 gallons (less than half the tank). It has 4800 miles in odometer and 2/3 of a tank. Will fill next week before going to Vegas too. If you see there a silver Clarity with an American flag-themed license plate in the front, honk, that's me!