Check in, Smart EV owners!

Discussion in 'Mercedes-Benz' started by n4osx, Nov 29, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Since Mercedes-Benz is our parent company, this seemed to be the appropriate place for this little thread... ;)

I'm a proud and very happy owner of a 2015 Smart Fortwo EV Cabriolet (an 'artsy' photo of 'Stewart' is below.) I purchased mine coming off lease from Mercedes in July for a mere $8000 with only 7,000 miles and I couldn't be more pleased with it. It's my primary commuter vehicle, and I usually drive around 40-50 miles on an average day. No range anxiety, and I've found that I can routinely get nearly 70-80 miles on a single charge in local, city driving. To make things even better, my employer offers free Chargepoint chargers at our office, so I enjoy this little perk when I plug in each day at work.

After six months driving a full EV, I don't think I'd ever choose to go back to an ICE vehicle for my daily commute.

There have to be a few more Smart EV owners here - if so, check in and tell us a bit about your Smart, how you drive it, and how you like it. :)

Cheers!

Scott C. - Birmingham, Alabama

[​IMG]

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. NeilBlanchard

NeilBlanchard Active Member

We just leased a 2018 Smart EQ - we have the Passion (mid-level) trim, with heated seats and steering wheel, and so far, so good! It is so nimble, and it scoots!

4. Raptor365

Raptor365 New Member

New member checking in. Look forward to participating and learning new things.

5. NeilBlanchard

Welcome! What year / model do you have?

6. Dashv6

Dashv6 New Member

Hi,

I’m from UK

Just ordered a Smart EQ Nightsky Edition

There is likely to be a long wait (factory delays)

Will report when I get it.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. NeilBlanchard

Welcome! Is this going to be your first EV, or do you already drive another?

9. Dashv6

Dashv6 New Member

Currently own a 3 year old Smart ForTwo turbo. I figured that as I only do about 2 miles a day, the EQ might just have enough charge for a week or so.

My other car is a Renault Clio v6 3.0 RWD so electric is certainly going to be a quiet change.

NeilBlanchard likes this.
  10. NeilBlanchard

I think the Smart EQ is a good fit - the worst range in the winter is probably 45 miles, so 2 miles a day for a week or more is totally doable.

11. Zen

Zen New Member

Look what I found.
    I was poking around wondering what the EQS would be like. I was curious why there wasn't a forum for smart ED's and found this. We have a 2013 cabrio in white with apple candy green trim. We got it on Sept 5, 2015 with 1000km on it and now has 43k+. In November 2018 some do-hickey in the charging system broke down and we got an estimate of $6k (CDN) to repair it. The dealer from whom I bought it did not have the competence for the repair so it was sent to a larger shop. It finally came out of repair at the end of January but, I still don't know why, MB picked up a portion of the repair so it ended up around $1800.
    Usually we go to Thailand from mid January to mid April so we store the car. As soon as it gets a bit cold the range really drops, with our use it really isn't too much of an inconvenience. The thing that I hate about EV's is that there are no independent shops that can service them.

12. To remove this ad click here.