Got so pissed by Honda Stevens Creek

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by JulianClarity, Jun 10, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. JulianClarity

JulianClarity Active Member

It is my first time for a service, I could have done it at a local garage, but I chose the dealership because I wanted to check if there's any service bullet I need to do. There's an online coupon for $69.95 for the A1 service, they gave me a quote for $164 saying it is A01, different from A1, that's why there's a $100 extra charge. I told them to show me what the 0 stands, they were able to show me a piece of paper listing a lot of inspection works for item 0. Isn't inspection what a dealer needs to do for their customers after a service, or they want someone to sue them after the car breaks down because some routine checks are not done? I insisted a $70 service, the guy then asked me to leave without giving me a receipt. When I insisted to get the receipt, it shows, $89, and he explained the coupon will be applied when I pick the car up. I forced his to write the final price on the receipt and left.
    It is ridiculous, I have been to different dealers, Lexus, Toyota, VW, MB so many times, sometimes I pay higher price than reasonable, but I never once met someone who wanted to trick me so badly.

Daniel M W and ngtroup like this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. ngtroup

ngtroup New Member

I had a poor experience with my local Honda dealer too. I went in for the first service and to get the software updates. They gave me a pickup time which they missed by over an hour and a half and when I got the car back it was clear they didn’t even perform the updates. I think they tried to up sell me too. I had put like 3000-4000 mile on the car and it was 90% electric miles but they insisted I needed my oil changed so that I was following the recommended warranty maintenance items. I was so mad I didn’t go back. Still need to get my car into a different dealer for the HV range service bulletin.

4. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

No. They inspect lots of items on the car that are completely unrelated to an oil change or tire rotation. Harassing people into not charging you for something just to get you to go away brings bad karma.

5. Groves Cooke

Groves Cooke Active Member

Sorry you had a bad experience. I also had an A01 service at the dealer where I purchased the car. $53.00. Included all the multipoint inspections. Did not include tire rotation because I had done that just 3000 miles before. Mileage on car today was 11,200.

6. megreyhair

megreyhair Active Member

Inspection is a scam. The mechanic would just look around while the oil drains. They will inspect/look at the pads and rotor when they rotate the tires. There are nothing special that they do besides looking. It doesn't cost $100. I would go elsewhere or just dIY.

4sallypat likes this.
  7. To remove this ad click here.

8. petteyg359

petteyg359 Well-Known Member

What do you think an inspection is besides looking? The list of items they check is in the PDF I linked in my previous post. Also, $100 isn't especially unreasonable for an hour of a mechanic's time. And for those in CA, high cost-of-living means high charges for services from people who have to live there.

9. 4sallypat

4sallypat Active Member

Agreed, Honda inspection is petty theft IMO.
    I would not pay for an inspection especially if it's a year old....

OTOH Land Rover / Jaguar inspection is highway robbery. They charged for the first oil change at 10,000 miles: $650. They claim their hourly rate of their technicians are higher than other makes.....

I currently go to my trustworthy independent mechanic who charges $110 for a full synthetic oil change regardless of brand.