Adding OEM Memory Seat Function?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by Bina12834, May 17, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Bina12834

Bina12834 Member

I bought a non-Touring without the memory seat function. Has anyone tried to add this function in?

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. M. Shah

M. Shah Member

You will have to spend more than the extra cost of a touring to do this. At the bare minimum, you will have to replace all the seats with leather cause the base does not have power seats. You will need the buttons and I dont even know how much programming is needed to have the corresponding keys match the memory seats. In short way too much time and money.

4. KentuckyKen

KentuckyKen Well-Known Member

+1 on what @Mitral Shah says. I don’t even want to know what Honda charges for a powered driver’s leather seat. And it may not be a simple wiring job from switch to seat. Since the seat memory function responds to the key fobs, the can-bus and/or programming are probably involved.

“Ah, but a man’s reach should exceed his grasp, Or what’s a heaven for.”
    -Robert Browning

5. JulianClarity

JulianClarity Active Member

Memory seat is the only reason why I picked the touring model.

ken wells likes this.
  6. Mowcowbell

Mowcowbell Well-Known Member

As the only driver of my Clarity, the memory seat had zero value to me. I set it once, then forget it. Bina12834, look at it this way... it's one less thing to go wrong with your Clarity.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. David in TN

David in TN Well-Known Member

9. Edward Dries

Edward Dries New Member

You can find Clarity seats on ebay much cheaper.

10. insightman

insightman Well-Known Member Subscriber

The only Clarity driver's seat I could find on eBay right now is $854. However it appears to have come from a Base Clarity (or a Canadian Clarity) because it's not a power seat. It's non-power passenger-seatmate is a Buy-It-Now-or-Make-Offer $756. Both seats claim to have leather black trim, but in the US, only Clarity power seats have leather.

What prices have you seen for power Clarity seats on ebay?

11. To remove this ad click here.