Ontario owners: how long does it take to receive the government rebate?

Discussion in 'Clarity' started by bigbug, May 24, 2018.

To remove this ad click here.

1. HT514

HT514 New Member

JStephens, thanks for that. If you don’t mind, which dealership did you get your golf from? It would help if we could all point to that with our respective dealerships and encourage them to also “do the right thing”.

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. jstephens

jstephens Member

Our dealer was Roseland VW in Burlington. Ours was the only e-Golf they sold. I'm very thankful they didn't leave us high and dry. One thing I keep coming back to is that on the application guide, it clearly says the MTO would be in touch if there was a problem with the application. For those trying the legal route, could this be used as part of the argument? Copied/pasted here from the application guide:

"What happens when an application has an error or is incomplete?
    Upon review by the Ministry, if the attachments are not correct, or if there are issues with the application, processing is suspended and the applicant notified of required information. Applicants will be contacted a maximum of two (2) times, 15 days apart, to retrieve the required information. On second contact, applicants will be notified that failure to provide the information within five (5) business days will result in losing their eligibility for an incentive. Once the required information has been provided, the application will be processed. Please note that due to a high volume of applications, processing times have lengthened. Applications are processed on a first come first serve basis and each application is reviewed for completeness and compliance."

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    kaps08 likes this.
  4. Jason1234

Jason1234 New Member

Don’t hang to much hope on it.

That only meant that if you miss filling out some fields you are allowed to correct it or you miss sending something in like u send in the registration and not the permit section. The problem is you are not on the list, you don’t have a chance.

Talking to dealer and hope they can do something is the best avenue. I have been suggesting all along for those Yorkdale VW customers to get together and talk to Yorkdale at the same time

5. Monsz

Monsz New Member

I'm a Yorkdale customer and I'm all for this. Any ideas on how to plan this? Set a date and go in to talk to Florin? I have been in a couple times and they're reassuring but not helpful...but I'll try anything.

6. Jason1234

Jason1234 New Member

Please note I’m not one of Yorkdale customers, I got my rebate quite a while ago.

Just set a date and time here in this forum in a Tim Horton’s that’s close to Yorkdale VW, ask them to rsvp here.

Man it’s $14k, if that doesn’t interest them to get together you can kiss it goodbye

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Rivek_egolfowner

Rivek_egolfowner New Member

My VW rep Filip Frkovic finally gave me his final handshake via email. Basically said there's nothing more he can do personally (he's only given reassuring words for the last 2 months and nothing more, just as Monsz mentioned above) and that I should now connect with his manager Florin Stanciu. I'm fully willing to meet/connect with the other Yorkdale VW egolf customers or other EVHIP owners who received denial letters. I live in Dundas ON and work in Toronto about 5 minutes from the Yorkdale dealership. I was planning on emailing Florin to arrange a meeting with him ASAP. I've never communicated with him before - I've only ever talked to Filip. I did call Yorkdale the other day to try and connect with Filip and the person they put me in contact with told me there are 3 to 5 Yorkdale egolf customers who were denied, and that "they were dealing with them on a case by case basis". I have no idea why this person would give me a range - why 3 to 5, its a number not a range; and I have no idea what "case by case basis" means. Are they not dealing with all their egolf customers at the same time. I'm just disappointed on so many levels. It would have been nice to be formally contacted by Yorkdale VW. I was always the one doing the calling. Not once did Yorkdale VW ever reach out to me, and even when my calls and emails were returned it was always Filip. I'm just hearing this 'Florin' name for the first time after 2 months. They should have sent each affected customer a letter inviting them to come in and discuss the situation, and what they are doing about it.

9. Suzanne

Suzanne New Member

10. Rivek_egolfowner

After a quick scan it looks like "Monsz, GiII36, HT514, MrJ, and myself Rivek are Yorkdale egolf costumers. Jstephens, Roseland VW, seems to have settled (by the way thank you JStephens for all your efforts to draw media attention to our plight - you are wonderful, and I'm sorry to hear that you received many negative comments) and it looks like Kaps08 and Cp4elroy are Markham customers.

Is there a way to exchange personal information without having things publicized? - I know there are many ignorant people out there who would like nothing more than to troll us for crying about our denied rebates.

There is a Starbucks almost directly across the street from the Yorkdale VW near the BestBuy. I've have flexibility this Friday to meet anyone there between say 12 and 1. I plan on connecting with Florin by phone ASAP and then meeting in person. I've got 14K reasons to keep at this.

Suzanne likes this.
  11. Suzanne

Suzanne New Member

Well I’m one of the 3 to 5 customers who did not received the rebate. I had the opportunity to speak with Florin and he was not helpful at all. It looks like they are hoping this goes away by ignoring us. I’m willing to connect with other Yorkdale customer and go to the dealership as a group to get this resolved. Just tell me place and time and I’ll be there.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Suzanne

Suzanne New Member

14. Suzanne

Suzanne New Member

I would be willing to meet Friday between 12:00 and 1:00. Please confirm and I’ll be there.

15. CWilson

CWilson New Member

We haven't settled anything. We are interested in knowing what others plan to do - we really want to do something but aren't sure what is the best course of action. We don't have a dealership to go after, only the MTO and MOF. If there is a meeting on Friday, please keep us in the loop.

16. Rivek_egolfowner

Hi Suzanne, the coffee shop I was thinking about near VW is actually a Second Cup, but there is a Starbucks just down the road, across from the Wilson subway stop - 75 Billy Bishop Way unit A3. I can meet at either one. Let me know. Anyone else in the area in interested in meeting? I also have some flexibility in my schedule next week. I'm willing to travel a reasonable distance to pull people together. My main intersection in TO is Sheppard and the Allen Rd. Another possible location to meet is the Electric Vehicle Discovery Center near Chesswood and Finch. I talked to 'Ron Groves' about our plight. He's an EV subject matter expert at the Centre. It's a somewhat public space inside with club chairs, free WiFi and complimentary coffee/tea, and 2 of the 4 chargers are free for the first 2 hours, the other 2 are $1 per hour - I used the Centre almost every day through the winter to get myself back and forth from Dundas. Come on guys let me know who wants to meet and where. Suzanne I can meet you at the Discovery Centre if that's more convenient - you can check out and test drive other EVs - I won't be buying VW again - at least not from Yorkdale VW.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  17. Suzanne

Suzanne New Member

18. Suzanne

Suzanne New Member

This Friday works better but can try to work around my schedule if next week becomes the better option. I’m familiar with the discovery centre as I visited when I was considering my EV options. Let’s meet there at noon Friday. Hopefully we can have others join us.

19. SoulEV

SoulEV New Member

I have a Kia Soul EV. Besides Kia and VW, have any other vehicles been denied the incentive based on "not being on the list"? I'm curious to know if any other dealers didn't get the email from MOT.

One other note.....would you honestly expect anyone to open and respond to an unsolicited email from a government department requesting information? Since when does the government correspond via email?

20. eGolfJunky

eGolfJunky New Member

Hi Suzanne,

I just saw your post. did you end up meeting/doing anything?

21. lordplum

lordplum New Member

From my memory, it seems we have KIA, VW, Nissan, BMW

22. Rivek_egolfowner

We have not yet met. Currently we're aiming to meet this Friday May 3rd at the EV Discovery Centre near Chesswood and Finch near noon; otherwise we'll reschedule to next week. Any other parties that can make it are certainly welcome. I think we're planning on exchanging contact info and reviewing what we know so far... compare notes, similarities, differences etc about are cases. I'm going to see if Ron is working that day. When I last spoke he said that if things are going nowhere to connect with him. Apparently he has a contact at the MTO who may be able to provide some information.

23. CWilson

CWilson New Member

I have submitted a Freedom of Information request to the MTO requesting copies of any communication that was sent by the Ministry of Transportation to Car Manufacturers and/or dealers in Ontario with respect to the EVHIP program between July 11th and 13th. I have also requested any records or notes/details collected about my phone calls with the ministry of finance (on July 12 and 13th we were assured it was eligible even though it was being purchased out of province). According to the ministry FOI website, they have 30 days to process the request. I sent it on April 16th. We have a Chevy Bolt, purchased on July 13th, 2018 in Quebec.