New Kia Niro EV Owner

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Lektrons, Apr 22, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. Lektrons

Lektrons Active Member

Just wanted to make a thread where you can ask any question you may have about this vehicle coming from an owner.

Attached Files:

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Axle

Axle New Member

Where are you located?

JSU likes this.
  4. Lektrons

Lektrons Active Member

Canada

5. Axle

Axle New Member

I'd like to know how easy it is to drive smoothly for a passenger when using levels of regen? I picture a situation where, say on regen 2, you decelerate then find you need to switch to the brake pedal because you are not slowing down quickly enough. Does that make the ride herky jerky?

6. brulaz

brulaz Active Member

Lektron, what trim level is your Niro? And what was the price?
    I can't find any info on the Kia Canada web site, or any brochures, about what will be offered here.
    Presumably the low-end trim will be just below C$45K to qualify for the fed rebate, but no idea what that includes, or if it will ever be available.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. Lektrons

Lektrons Active Member

I previously had a 2016 Kia Sorento turbo and if I came to a stop sign and went again, there was a delay before accelerating again, I got used to it but hated it. The Niro EV is not herky-jerky at all and when you drive in ECO mode, it is a nice feeling to have the vehicle slowing by regen especially when you need to slow down because of traffic and red lights.

9. Lektrons

Lektrons Active Member

Currently, only the top level trim is available (Ultimate)and the price was $55,895 before any rebates. Don't expect a low-end trim for the Niro EV for quite some time. The Soul EV will be slightly less but I felt this was an overall better vehicle. I considered they will have a 248 KMS Soul EV at a lower price but felt the range was too short for me, it may be good for you. Just remember lower trims will have less range I believe. For the budget, Kona EV may be better but I don't like the look and feel of the vehicle. Starting May 1st you can get the $5k fed rebate and 5k prov rebate in BC.

10. brulaz

brulaz Active Member

Thanks for the info.
    I believe that's true for the Nissan Leaf (or is it the reverse?), but this is the first I've heard of it for the Niro (or Kona or Bolt).

I think you're right though about lower trim availability.
    The Koreans will drag their feet as long as they can.

At C$56K, I think I'd rather have a Tesla 3 Std+. I don't mind a sedan.
    But unfortunately they're not eligible for the Fed's $5K rebate.
    That's unfair really.
    I don't think the rebate should be available unless under C$45K models are actually available.

11. pmmrkm

pmmrkm New Member

Does Kia ex trim has heated seats in USA?

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. According to the online helper on the Kia website, the EX trim will have heated seats.

Also, interesting to note that the website doesn't show the Niro EV as available for sale yet, despite the fact that some sales have occurred.

14. pmmrkm

pmmrkm New Member

All these window sticker does not say if it has heated seats. Only top trim shows heated seats. Confusing.

15. TandM

TandM Active Member

I am holding the Kia Media Features and Options guide and it doesn't show the heated seats on the EX (just the upper trim)
    https://www.kiamedia.com/us/en/print/features/2019/121

16. pmmrkm

pmmrkm New Member

Thank you. That sucks.

Will have to decide between leaf plus or Hyundai Kona limited trim.

17. Yeah. I looked it up on the media site and the EX does not get heated seats. They only come standard in EX Premium. Sorry about the bad info earlier.
    (..and I've now learned a lesson about relying on the website customer service peeps for reliable answers)

18. Lektrons

Lektrons Active Member

IMG_20190428_190857.jpg IMG_20190428_190850.jpg IMG_20190428_190843.jpg IMG_20190428_190833.jpg IMG_20190428_190929.jpg

19. Axle

Axle New Member

Looks like you have the memory seats though. Not on us spec vehicles i dont think. Wonder if i will be able to upgrade?

20. Axle

Axle New Member

By upgrade i meant add it on later

21. Lektrons

Lektrons Active Member

You don't have it on the top model? It's a nice feature and includes mirrors, also the mirrors tilt in reverse, that was a nice surprise.

22. TandM

TandM Active Member

We couldn't find it listed. Some of the seat features are deleted (removed and money reapplied to the vehicle price) on the US version.

23. RDA

RDA Member

Memory seats are not available in the USA. The only deletion on some of the models is $200.00 for deleting homelink and ventilated seats. Memory seats would have been nice though. I just bought a silver EX Premium (no deletions) at King Kia in MD. This being my first EV, now I just have to figure out how it works!!!!