Niro EV ships end of February in U.S.!

Discussion in 'Kia Niro' started by Domenick, Jan 30, 2019.

To remove this ad click here.

1. TandM

TandM Active Member

We actually picked ours up on Monday in Maryland. We made it back to Ohio with it yesterday. So they are out there!

20190422_143739.jpg NiroSheetRedacted.jpg

Domenick likes this.
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. JJ2

JJ2 Member

What a pioneer! Baltimore to, say, Columbus is ~400mi. So did you stop to charge once - or twice? I assume the other 2 big cities would be a 2-stopper. Did you keep it at 60, or drive with traffic, at 75 or 80? Is the Niro not available in Ohio? And yikes, that's about what we paid for my Lexus RX!
    I'm also looking to buy out of state, if I have to. I did that with my wife's Leaf. The tax credit was not a problem. We were pleased with the experience.
    And I assume, this early in their release, that there are no discounts? In Atlanta, there is a waiting list! Thanks, and congratulations.

4. davidtm

davidtm Active Member

Congrats!
    Which dealer in Maryland? Any markup over sticker?

5. RDA

RDA Member

Did King Kia charge you additional dealer markup? I am looking at one of their other ones now. Did they give you any kind of discount? Let me know as I am dealing with them this week.

davidtm likes this.
  6. Congrats! Feel free to start a new thread with your impressions. (and maybe more pics :) )

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. TandM

TandM Active Member

We sort of charged 3 times (once before leaving the area so that's why I say sort of) and then twice on the road (we happened to select an EVGo charger that limited us to 30 minutes or we could have skipped the last charge). We averaged 4.5 miles/kwh during the drive. We were crossing Pennsylvania so the majority of that drive was at 60 or below. We used ABetterRoutePlaner.com to track down what dealerships were on a reasonable charging route back to home and then it was a great base plan for the drive as well (I mean we of course relied heavily on PlugShare too but it was nice to have know how elevation changes and such would factor in as well).

No, the Niro EV is not going to sell in Ohio (we aren't one of the 12 states on the list). No discount but no mark up either.

Domenick likes this.
  9. TandM

TandM Active Member

King Kia - no markup

No discount but no markup. They were wonderful to work with. Very excited and surprised by our motivation to come from Ohio.

davidtm likes this.
  10. TandM

TandM Active Member

I will give it a try. Haven't made a thread before. :)

Domenick likes this.
  11. Feel free to "Start a conversation" with me if you run into any issues.

TandM likes this.
  12. To remove this ad click here.

13. wizziwig

wizziwig Active Member

14. MSEBolt

MSEBolt New Member

Looks like the no markup was short-lived. The recently received EX Premiums at King Kia are now being sold with a $1500 markup. Hopefully the less desirable(?) EXs don't fall to the same fate once they arrive.

15. marshall

marshall Well-Known Member

I see the car is starting to show up in transit in other states too on cargurus, Washington, Texas and Georgia.